Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Mapping Bluetooth VR joystick controller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Talon TaylorTalon Taylor
    Participant

I hope I’m not asking something that has already been answered but I’ve looked through the forum and can’t find my answer. I have 2 of these controllers, which I think Greg has also.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Merkury-Innovations-EVO-VR-Controller/176096211
    I can map some of the buttons but no matter what mode I put it in, VR/game mode, it wants to always assign 2 of the buttons as volume control. It has 2 trigger buttons and four action buttons. Is there a way that I can map all of them? It would make my setup perfect, so I can have trigger, touch press, touchpad, grip, menu, and system buttons.

Talon TaylorTalon Taylor
    Participant

Also I am using Leap motion controll for tracking and riftcat, if anyone was wondering.

Talon TaylorTalon Taylor
    Participant

I have another issue and question. I was first trying to use Leap Motion to emulate vive controllers. Do I need to uninstall that first to make it all work? Also should I select the controller to map the buttons or the leap motion? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to get it all working and figured out before I buy the full driver4vr.

Alex MillsSoul245
    Participant

look into if you have any more problems.
    https://www.kotulas.com/wcsstore/KotulaStorefrontAssetStore/images/pdf/54632.pdf
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I know this might not be the same as yours but they all have the same functionality.

you need to put it in game mode by hold down b then the function switch key, when in game mode it shouldn’t be able to the control volume.

Talon TaylorTalon Taylor
    Participant

Thank you Soul245 that did seem to help with the controller mapping. All looks good now. I also figured out that I did have to uninstall the Leap Motion hand gesture emulator for steamvr, driver4vr handles that on its own. Running both gave me 2 sets of controllers. This makes my setup near perfect, and I didn’t have to spend hundreds of dollars. I took the controllers apart and added wrist straps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

cool

renato franciscorenato francisco
    Participant

Hi talon

Could you explain how you make it work?

Step by step?

When you said you unistalled hand gesture emulator, is that leap motion driver for steamvr?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.