Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Low (optica)l Steam FPS with D4VR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ReneyReney
    Participant

Hey folks and hey Greg,
    At first: I (try to) use a PSVR, Trinus for PSVR, PS Move, and Kinect 2 with self-made adapter. Head with Skeleton and Controller with Colortreaking. PC Hardware: I7 8700k, GTX 1080 and launch from SSD (everything far away from 100% load in Task manager)
    Today I gave PC-VR a new chance after build in my new Processor. (The old one was to weak to manage Trinus and D4VR). I brought everything to work but it´s still stuttering around like hell. But there no framedrops, it´s like a continuously low Framerate. The D4VR Frames are about 58 Frames.

The Strange Point is: When I close D4VR and use Trinus only all is fine and smooth. …but useless without Headtraking.

The new Trinus version comes with some build in Headtraking, when I activate this (also using the Kinect) then I get a stuttering image to, but in a “lite” version.

Has anyone an idea what I can do?
    Thanks,

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi. if this happens also for psvr build in then perhaps you can ask trinus as they seem to be similar problems?

ReneyReney
    Participant

Thanks Greg, I will give it a try, but i don´t think that this is a trinus problem. The Problems are similar yes, but it feels like that is somehow conectet with the Kinect. ( Not realy a relevant topic in the trinus forum).
    Whith time i will try the trinus tracking (Which seems to be only color tracking with the PS VR Lights) with another camera.

Is it possibly a problem with the USB-bandwidch ? But Kinect and PSVR are hanging at different USB 3 Headers. It´s confusing, the tracking works fine and fast, only the picture starts stuttering whith active headtracking.

Anyone any idea?
    Or maybe is here a person with the same / a similar setup wich works well? (PSVR, Kinect 2, Skeleton)

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

is there a chance that you try it with psmoveservice ?
    you need only one ps eye camera and 2 more scripts to give it a try.
    would it be possile to record headset mirror so I can see exactly where problem is.
    i will try psvr next week so I can tell on my side how it works.

greg

ReneyReney
    Participant

Yes, i have some PS Eye cams here. I think i´m able to test it and give you some more information and videos at weekend.
    So long,
    René

ReneyReney
    Participant

Okay, there some delay. Now its stuttering everytime, with or without every headtreaking method. But , i cannot make a video. It stutters only in the headset, not in the mirror.

At first ill try to reinstall everything, starting with windows.
    See you,
    René

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks. so we know it is not d4. i think you could try reporting to psvr if reinstallation don’t help.
    let me know how it goes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.