Homepage Forums New feature Lock hip and leg rotation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

Atm, I use a kinect 360. I notice that the virtual trackers made by driver4vr follows the rotation of my headset, oculus rift. I was thinking if it would be possible to lock the rotation on different axis(s) for the hips or the feet.

I mostly use it for VRChat, and it does look weird when you turn your head left and right and your entire avatar/character turns with you.

If this is already inside the program, I apologize for not knowing how to use it. If it isn’t, it shouldn’t be too hard to implement, I assume. Just switch the variable/input value of the hip/feet rotation, yaw, tilt, to a set value. Like, you press a button or calibratr it, and whichever direction your headset is looking, the hips or legs will take that value and lock it in place, except tilting side to side of course.

Just a thought… or I could just buy PSmove controllers haha.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. it is not documented but you can get ps move or daydream or joycon and assign it to each foot. then it will follow rotation of actual controller, not headset.

ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

What about the hips? Can you set a controller on your hips as well or does it still follow your head?

I mostly want the hip tracker and not so much the leg tracking. Might be off topic, but would it be possible to use only the hip tracking for VRchat and not use the leg trackers?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you go to device manager and whichever you assign, it will work 🙂

tsfrog12tsfrog12
    Participant

Sorry for pushing old thread but I would like to know: To separate legs’ and hip’s rotation from HMD rotation, I should buy two extra controllers such as PSMove or daydream or joy-con? Is it possible to accomplish this without buying extra controllers?

PS. I’m using Oculus Rift+Touch+Kinect v2 to play VRChat, having the same doubt with OP because it’s kind of weird to turn whole body left/right when I turn my head only.

Many thanks in advance!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

if it will not follow anyway your move then it will be like you are frozen.
    i have other way which i think is much better, namely it will react accordingly to angle of your arms.
    however cannot do it right now. do you mind if we come back in 2-3 weeks to this topic ?

tsfrog12tsfrog12
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. Of course please update the great software as your pace and don’t mind me.

Really excited about the alternative way you mentioned. Please keep up the good work, I’ll always support you!

ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

@Greg Driver

Actually, I found a bug/feature. I cannot replicate it though.

The video above shows me in VRchat, I have hip tracking and leg tracking on, but I didn’t move my legs much. As you can see, it looks much more natural to turn without your hips and legs following your head. And since we need to face the kinect anyway, I don’t see the need to rotate the hips with the head since in real life, our bodies would still be facing to the kinect and only our head will turn.

If possible, can you not simply lock the rotation/yaw of the trackers. Like have an option in the program to freeze where the trackers are facing at that moment and keep it that way.

Also, I don’t have any controllers for rotation, I’m just using kinect360 but the trackers for driver4vr are frozen for rotation. Notnsure how to replicate.

I can upload a video showing how it works right now with how the trackers follow the head, and it should show how weird it feels and looks for both VR chat and any other game.

ZerberiusZerberius
    Participant

Can’t edit the post above, but wanted to say that I can move my legs and hips around in that video and they track the position fine, but they always face the kinect. Normally they would track position fine too, but they would face where my head is facing, which looks weird.

tsfrog12tsfrog12
    Participant

This is what I wish I can perform with drive4VR! The upper body rotation does seems much more natural.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.