Homepage Forums General Leap motion gestures

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Du1g0Du1g0
    Participant

With the button mapping feature, would it be possible to use leap gestures aswell as joystick?

The main thing i am looking to accomplish would be to attach the controllers to the hands, like with elastic or something similar as seen in your videos,

Then to grab an item….actually grab _ using open hand and closed hand gestures via leap motion

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i have been experimenting with different angles for hours cause I was sure I can find angle that will make gestures button work but I failed.
    personally I believe that button realiability is much more important then tracking accuracy. if things fall off of my hand cause trigger did not work then is no-go for me.

i am thinking about other way like kinect is approaching to gestures. namely you need wait a bit until event or gesture is confirmed. but this will make gamplay bit slow.

also I was thinkkng to add some lights to hand that will reflect IR leds and will make buttons making much robust. but this is again away from ideal scenario where you use just hands 🙁

Du1g0Du1g0
    Participant

Not to worry Greg…its basically a “nice to have” feature, but ofcourse is not a deal breaker 😊

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.