Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Leap Motion, Controllers upside down?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim RooneyJim Rooney
    Participant

I seem to have things working, but my virtual controllers appear upside down (and track in reverse).

Is that a Leap Motion thing or something I can sort in Driver4VR?

Looks awesome so far!
    If I can get this sorted, I’m definitely upgrading to paid.
    This is breathing new life into my DK2!

Jim RooneyJim Rooney
    Participant

I’m not sure what fixed it, but after some rebooting and messing with other programs, I came back to it and it’s working great!

I was able to map left and right triggers to the left and right shoulder buttons on an Xbox controller. From within SteamVR, I launched the Archery game in “The Lab” (mine Lab starts directly in archery via launch arguments). I grabbed a bow and arrow and after a bunch of fiddling, I was able to shoot my first minion 🙂

Holding the Xbox controller seemed to confuse my Leap Motion quite a bit. I’m charging up my PS2 controllers and can’t wait to see how this works with them… both as buttons for the Leap Motion (my preferred setup) and also with the full PSEye style setup instead of the Leap Motion.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

glad it works 🙂
    anyway i need to get this fixed as it happens occasionally.

Jim RooneyJim Rooney
    Participant

Cool man.
    I’ve got it all working now and I’m loving it! Even the PS Move controllers. It seems to have a little trouble knowing when I’m tilting the fronts down, but we’ll see how it goes as I get more time with it… is there a way to use the Leap just for positional location and the PS Move’s magnetometers for rotation? I might hook up the PS Eye cams though, just to get better “out of view” tracking.

Great stuff.
    And I don’t even use 1/2 of what this is capable of! (body tracking/etc)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.