Homepage Forums Body tracking Leap + Joycons + Kinect/PSCamera?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erik ReibleinErik Reiblein
    Participant

Hey, I was wondering about the different configurations possible with this software. Would it be possible to use the leap motion to capture hand/controller position and then use head tracking from an outside camera? Something like a mix of outside-in/inside-out solutions.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this is how it works. instead of using vr controllers you can get other type of device and assign it respectively to left and right tracker in device manager. it will work exactly as you describe 🙂

Ron Dwyerg-coded
    Participant

Hey Greg, I am using the leap motion and Driver4VR and I noticed when my hands aren’t being tracked the rendered controller is still shown in my headset(last tracked position). I’m not sure if this is because I have a Pimax 5K+(wider FOV), or if this is common to all hmds. This doesn’t occur when using driver-leap, or native leap motion support.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. they remain in latest known location. i did this by purpose as it is better to have somewhere hand then have no hand at all 🙂

Ron Dwyerg-coded
    Participant

Why would we need to see where our hands were? I know where my hands are relative to my body at all times(real life), the leap motion is for tracking them in vr when they can interact with objects in vr(in view of hmd). When they are not in this space we don’t need to see them. If there are any physics based objects that react to ‘being pushed’ by the controllers(leap motion emulated), then those objects could be affected by the controllers ‘glued’ to your view when you are trying to avoid ‘touching’ things(hands down).

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

if they are out of view, they can be either not available or available somewhere.
    in most cases you still would like to have them available but it is not due to fov limit.
    anyway it was not a key feature and in current release it has been removed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.