Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect won't calibrate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JonnyJonny
    Participant

Ok, so having gotten the leap sorted (working great by the way), I moved on to trying to get the kinect working properly with it.

Unfortunately since the last big update (or since installing the leap, don’t know which), my kinect refuses to calibrate. It shows a yellow HMD calibration error. The bar is on max, and every time I stand in a new position I get the ‘boos’. Any ideas what could cause that error? A few days ago, the calibration worked perfectly.

HMD is a Pimax, by the way.

Thanks again.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by JonnyJonny.
    JediahJediah
    Participant

You may want to try to set your head tracking to not be tracked by kinect.

JediahJediah
    Participant

Then after calibrating go back and enable it. Adjust the correction angle if need be. Run room set up in steam vr.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

if you get boo then there is information displayed why. can you check?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

I have fixed it, somehow. I just restarted everything as Jediah suggested above and it works ok now. Not sure what the problem was but it is good now.

jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

I have this same issue!… I get past step one then move in far away different positions and keeping getting boooooos!

What could be wrong?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It says boo cause there is nothign to calibrate between as source of your head is kiect and it tries to calibrate with… kinect 🙂
    Can you check if this is not working properly right away ?
    I must make it more clear in next version.

Merry Xmas 🙂
    Greg

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Bla BlablaGreg Driver.
    wadewade
    Participant

Can you please explain this Greg.

The video you have I think is of an old version as the calibration screen is different

applepiapplepi
    Participant

I’m having a problem with windows 10 it will say the kinect isn’t tracking during calibrating when I can see the fucking image of the calibration and it updating the cords in real time. TBH the boo sound needs to be changed otherwise I might go and stab some one after trying to get this working for like 3 hours but it just won’t work at all even though it is tracking 100% in the space and can watch it do so.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.