Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect v2 not found after CPU change

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michael lamKozak
    Participant

Went from a 6600k to a 3700x and driver4vr fails to start the kinect v2 now.

Whenever i click start, i can look at the device, i can see the lights flash on and then they turn off. I have checked the kinect itself and it is working, the system detects and can use the device’s camera. The old motherboard had the (then called) usb 3.0 ports, and everything worked fine. This new motherboard has 3.1 gen 1 and 2 ports. I have tried the kinect on the front, and back ports. Nothing seems to get it to work with driver4vr. I have not yet tried a fresh install of windows 10

d4vr version 5.2.10.2, both SDKs installed.
    3700x, msi b450 a-pro max,

Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Do you mean both SDK for Kinect 360 and One?
    If that´s the case, uninstall the wrong one as I read that you should not have both installed as it´s causing issues.

michael lamKozak
    Participant

Sorry. The SDK for the driver and the devkit.

michael lamKozak
    Participant

Wanted to make an update for this thread.

The original motherboard i got with my new CPU ended up being faulty. It has some pci errors and USB would not, no matter what i did, operate at full speed. I replaced the motherboard with a Aorus B450 M

The issue continued onto this new board however. I tried all 8 of the USB 3.1 ports and no luck. Every forum post i could find said that it “should be fine” on a 3.1 but the configuration verification always had that yellow mark.

On a chance, i had an older 3.0 PCIe card sitting around with 2 USB ports. I hooked that into my computer and without a problem, boom, full 30 fps on the depth stream.

This is the PCIe card that i used – https://www.vantecusa.com/products_detail.php?p_id=125

I believe my specific issue was the USB reading as a 3.1 and not a 3.0 drive, but it could be something else. Either way. that pcie card is still for sale for about $20.

Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

I am using a X370 board and had to fiddle around, too.

I ended up using the “AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller” port working fine except every now and then Driver4VR says the Kinect is not connected and I have to retry a few times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.