Kinect Trackers instructions

Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect Trackers instructions

This topic contains 77 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  matthew macmillan 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 51 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Timothy Hart
    Participant

Hello. I’ve been struggling with this for a few hours now.
    I have an HTC-Vive and a Kinect One.
    I get through everything pretty much fine, however once I get into SteamVR home,
    the Vive controllers only track for a few seconds before going all nuts and floating away from me. When I click the menu button, it sometimes repositions them back to normal position (in my hands), but only for a maybe 15 seconds or less before the controllers start floating off in space and then distorting the avatar.
    I’ve noticed that under “Devices” they show up fine, however under “Hand Controllers”, the Vive controllers are not listed at all, so I’ve been choosing OFF. Am I suppose to use something else perhaps? It seems like the Kinect is trying to track the my hands rather than the vive controllers and quickly disconnects from them, instead of the controllers themselves being recognized and functioning as the hand tracking as they normally do, and this is making them drift and disconnect somehow.

Also, is there a trick to entering the VR mode during calibration? Whenever I launch SteamVR, SteamVR Home automatically opened in my Vive set. So I turned that off from default, and now whenever I open SteamVR, a Vive homescreen opens in the Vive set. So I can’t get to any in-the-headset calibration instructions. Can anyone please help me?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Timothy Hart.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

karost
    Participant

I like to know Kinect support position + gyro head tracking ?

I success using driver4VR + psmove + freepie + 4 psCam with pimax4K but gyro in pimax dirff make me annoy to recentering with many trick

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  karost.

NHKBK201
    Participant

hello so I tried to download driver4vr but my av software tells me it is a virus?

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

it’s not virus 🙂
    you can let it go.
    what av do you have ? i might report false positive.

Noah WAGNER
    Participant

I instal all composi.
    PLZ HELP

Attachments:

cat_who_loves_pie
    Participant

i have everythin installed and it has worked in the past. whenever i try to start it it says it could not start kinect

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

you can try step 2 in instructions from this link.

Please send me diagnostic logs as described here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Greg Driver.

cat_who_loves_pie
    Participant

here is the log i tried the toolkit and it says it cant find my kinect

Attachments:

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

that basically mean problem is with pc/driver or device.
    is there option you try on other machine? toolking is enough.

Martin Soto
    Participant

Greg, I can’t get my Kinect V1 camera to work, the 4 drivers apear in my device manager, but camera drivers shows with a yellow icon. I really need to get this work.

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

can you show screen?

Hunter Moore
    Participant

Whenever i lunch a game I’ll be behind the circle of the play area i cat get my self in the right place , i font want to move forward because i wanna record some videos and dont want to be close to the camera , i am using trinus vr , i am using psvr so i am using the skeleton tracking

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

seems like you need to do room setup for me.

Ramiro Silos
    Participant

Hi I’m new,. I purchased the “premium” version. From what I just read, is only for HTC vive? And not for WMR , ? I have the Samsung odyessy. And can’t get it to work properly. Also can’t get it to work my leap motion as well. I have the drivers installed for both

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

WMR is also supported. Why do you need leap if have wmr?
    what problem do you have exactly ?

Hi Greg,

I’m having an issue trying to set this… I bought and installed the Driver4VR and also installed the Kinect SDK 1.8 for Xbox360 Kinect, but when starting everything I get a “Kinect error” when clicking on “Start Driver4VR”, it says that it could not get it started and asks me to check if Kinect is properly connected to USB…

I just checked and re-checked everything and it’s all connected, the Kinect also has that green flashing light blinking… but couldn’t progress from there.
    I tried in all USB ports from my PC, but no success… I keep hearing the windows sound like if I were “connecting and disconnecting” the cable from the PC…

I also installed the DevKit for Kinect as instructed, but the Skeleton Basics does not work as it says that “Kinect not Found”… 🙁

Do you have any idea of what could be causing this?

Attachments:

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    there might be few problems.
    first you should check if sound device that is related to kinect is not turned off.
    secondly i would try different usb ports and then other pc. does not have to be gaming pc and you can test only with sdk.
    if that does not work this might be issue with either adapter or kinect unfortunately…

Gabriel Lasnaux
    Participant

Everytime i try to run drive4vr and always i get a Error init hmdnotfound. When a install the drive4vr installer appears cannot connect to steam vr

akmakas
    Participant

Hello guys.

I have a problem when i try to enable the kinect xbox camera with driver4vr for the eye tracking.

When i start the tool,the camera of the PSVR going very very low out of the steamVR menu see the picture.
    I don’t now what else to do please help..

Thanks!

Attachments:

Greg Gonzae
    Participant

If you have a Kinect and it’s blinking a green light how do I stop it?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Greg Gonzae.
    Attachments:

Greg Gonzae
    Participant

So I plugged in everything I have everything installed but it asks me to “Check if you’re Kinect is connected to a USB” do I have to switch a USB or what do I do?
    Please help.

Attachments:

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

can you verify your Kinect as described here?

Aaron Chen
    Participant

I wonder if Driver4VR(Especially Kinect 2.0) will work with Valve Index since it’s related to HTC Vive.

Kevin Czaja
    Participant

Hello, I don’t currently own a VR headset. However, I would like to test my Kinect One to get VR experience (for example “Beat Saber”). When starting Driver4VR I get the message “Error: Unable to connect to SteamVR. Error: Init_HmdNotFound”. Do I get this message because I don’t have a VR headset, or is this due to my configuration of the driver/ Kinect One/ or is this another error? I installed driver4vr on C:/ and SteamVR on D:/. Best regards

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

try chaning usb port or remove one sensor.

matthew macmillan
    Participant

hi

i am tying to set up full body tracking with my phone and a xbox 360 kinect but when i try to start driver4vr it comes up with this box. any help would be appreciated thank you

Attachments:

Greg Driver
    Keymaster

usb bandwidth problem. can you try to switch usb ports or remove on sensor if using three?

matthew macmillan
    Participant

i have tried all of the usb ports and non of them work and i am only using one kinect

Viewing 28 posts - 51 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.