Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect + Psmove + Riftcat setup problem

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to set up a ps move controller to test it out with kinect 360 and riftcat using my phone to play but my ps move is detected but i can’t rotate it aside when I move my head. The calibration went well on psmoveservice and it doesn’t seem to detect it either when I play on Vrchat. I can’t move one of the character hand at all.

Here are my settings: https://i.imgur.com/gcD52aq.png

I’m still unclear and confuse about ps move instruction, do we need actually a hmd headset maybe to track it right and rotate, i don’t know. If someone know anything, thank you.

test999test999
    Participant

Make sure your controllers are being detected in the Device Manager and ensure you assigned both controllers. Your PSMove should light up Red before you start VRchat.

I can confirm that it does work in VRChat but the difference is I used a Kinect One and have head options set to OFF and use iVRy_SteamVR APP (Mobile phone) for head-tracking. Although my results were botched since I only have one PSMove atm.

If your calibration is fine after testing then you no longer have to focus in that area. It has to do with Keybindings/Device manager. Keep messing around with the options and you’ll eventually get it to work I’m sure!

Hope you come back here to report your experience after you get it working!

suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

I try more later, right now it is out of battery and I also only have one ps move for now.

You said it works in vrchat? Because it doesn’t move my hands at all, it seems to be detected only in menu.

Also rotation weren’t working because I didn’t assign it to drv_left something.

So you have to assign both controllers or else it won’t work in vrchat maybe?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by suprakillsuprakill.
    suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

okay i tried everything but the hands are still not moving at all in vrchat even with both assigned and the height keeps getting weird even after calibration, for some reason, my ps move is like all the way down too…

suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

The keybindings doesn’t work, i just press assign but it doesn’t do anything. Also I don’t know if i should use the new one ‘VR gamepad to vr controller mapping’ or the the old one. All the buttons does is when i press square, it is sorta teleporting me behind or weirdly.

Also when I calibrate my head fine in steamvr, when i go to vrchat, poof i’m suddenly up there and see my character down there. All that stuff is so tricky to do…

Anyone have any solution? I could even share my screen.

suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

Up! Still can’t find a solution here :/

test999test999
    Participant

Sorry about my first post! I made it sound like it was all working; but reality is that I was only able to get it working in terms of moving the arms in game; after about 1 out of 30 or so tries. (A flustering process; with disappointing results)

I’m really not that far ahead of you in terms of actually getting it working; except for the silver nugget of the arms moving up in down in a conjoined way.

I tried again this morning to get it working with your options in the Image above for up to 4 hours. I didn’t manage to get any results at all!

I feel like everyone who has gotten it working actually owns a physical Oculus Headset or Vive 🙁

When I got it working (in terms of actually moving the arms up and down in the game) is when I had Head tracking set to OFF; and body/trackers set to ON.

I also feel like at one point I was able to get color calibration working for either the head or body- which could’ve contributed towards the success of actually moving the arms. (Goldfish memory; cant remember if that was it)

Our progress (or lack thereof) could be due to only owning a single PSMove; and that my success of actually moving the arms was rare luck.

I have a second PSMove ordered and on the way around the 17th- and will report back if owning a second one makes a difference!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by test999test999.
    suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

Alright, please tell me how it will work out with a second ps move! I only have a GTX 760 so an oculus rift might not work well on vrchat but I have a good CPU tho :/

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hello.
    can you tell me first if head/hand skeleton tracking works well with ps move ?
    the image you provided does not work.
    there is major upgrade of openvr which I need to do first before trying to progress with other issues that will be ready in 2-3 days.

Greg

suprakillsuprakill
    Participant

Yes, the head tracking works fine. I think hand skeleton tracking is more jittery than led/light ball for ps moves. They track fine but I have to stay in front of the kinect or they drift a lot. Thanks for your work Greg.

test999test999
    Participant

Hey Suprakill!

My PSMoves came in a day later than expected, and then I tested and had zero results to share (Controllers weren’t being detected at all)

Greg posted a new build just a few days ago, and it did the trick for me! Found in this thread:

• https://www.driver4vr.com/forums/topic/who-hasnt-got-this-fully-working/page/2/#post-2423
  • It now shows the controllers moving; and the buttons seem to work too! (9/10 times.) I always have to start SteamVR first; before Driver4VR. Body/Trackers for some reason pushes the controllers far away.

Hope the build works for you too!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
Keymaster

hi. you can now grab release from official page.
i just stuck with sending email updates 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.