Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers Kinect / PS Move offset issue using 6DOF Daydream HMD Lenovo Mirage Solo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Hi guys.

I am using a Lenovo Mirage Solo (6DOF, World Sense tracking) together with Radeon ReLive for wireless VR and a Kinect v2 with two PS Move controllers for tracking.

If I use Kinect skeleton for head tracking, my controllers are a few meters away from my virtual body. If I use head tracking from my headset I have to be careful whenever I take the headset off because there is then an offset which comes from the proximity sensor (or the world sense tracking within the headset I guess) telling SteamVR it is in standby mode.

Kinect v2 tracks me with no problems whatsoever in control window and move controllers seem to work as they should also. Tried several “resets” of driver4vr using the clear data option and resetted SteamVR, too.

—————————-
    What I found out so far, is that it maybe has something to do with Radeon ReLive. If I use Riftcat, controllers are at my body where they should be.

I don´t know, maybe there is a option somewhere where I can overwrite/ignore headset position that is coming/used from ReLive although I set Kinect skeleton for tracking? (first use case)

For second use case (head tracking using built in) I could tape the proximity sensor maybe? But that way the battery will be draining quicker?!

I am wondering a bit if I am the only person using this/similar headset/streaming solution??

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Update 1:

Tried with Kinect LED light/ball setting instead of Kinect PS Moveservice.
    Same huge offset.

Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Update 2

Also with body tracking enabled, everything is far away. Even after redo SteamVR room calibration.

Attachments:
    Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Update 3

OK. So I spent at least about 10 hours so far the last days now and I´m starting to lose my motivation really now.

Screenshots show offset for second use case (using headset head tracking). I did 5 step calibration and everything is ok. But after restart of SteamVR there is offset again – even with taped proximity sensor. It seems like I have to EXACTLY be in the same place I did calibration everytime I start SteamVR. So annoying… 🙁

Attachments:
    Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

Update 4

I have a “workaround” now.
    Using settings above works for most cases. I “only” have to “recalibrate” the offset everytime as mentioned but I can use the centering function of the Daydream controller. A bit awkward but better than nothing…

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. but are you sayng such headset make a drift?

Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

As far as I understand, not drifting. But offset everytime the headset goes standby.

I tried several hours today now and tried everything. I can only use this setup when using Kinect body tracking and then calibrating. Otherwise I have no chance to get the controller to the right position because I can not perform room setup without Driver4VR.

This must have something to do with Radeon ReLive. I reported on github, too.

@Greg

Does using Kinect body tracking have impact on performance of hand tracking (kinect/psmove or kinect/colour)?

Marco WilliBlu3ye
    Participant

So today I tried to configure that huge offset away by using relative world offsets to both ps move controllers. After they were quite close to my hmd I realized that they behave strangely when moving. Instead left/right they move more like south west/north east (from bird perspective, not up/down) like the ps move universe is in other z rotation to the hmd universe.

I use Kinect color tracking for now as I read it can be more performant than Kinect/PS Move service. Tried this aswell but only to see if the huge offset is there, too – and yes it is.

Mathias FaltejsekFakespeare
    Participant

Same issue here. Daydream Lenovo Mirage Solo (+ 1 Daydream controller paired with the Mirage) + 1 WiiMote + 1 Daydream controller connected to Win 10 + iVRy & Steam VR + Kinect.

Daydream controller paired with the Mirage is detected as “iVRy Controller” and appears in the right position and is working – but the buttons are not, they open the menus on the Mirage.

Wiimote (left hand) and other Daydream (right hand) controller appear far left behind me and off-center in Steam VR. Offset does not work and is terrible to use….pulling the headset up to see the monitor while breaking your neck to figure out where the controllers are in VR and using the mouse to move them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.