Homepage Forums Body tracking Kinect leg tracking + playspace mover = broken body

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas JacksonAr7ific1al
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been using Driver4VR for over a month now and it’s great, except it doesn’t work so well with play space mover. Whenever I move my play space, my VRChat avatar’s feet, legs, and body rotate in weird ways. This does not happen with KinectToVR, but I find Driver4VR tracking to be much, much better. Anyone else experience this broken legs and feet thing? I don’t currently have any photos but I can get some later when I’m on VRChat if needed.
    I don’t use the SteamVR Advanced Settings play space mover; I use the play space mover by naelstrof.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

what exactly do you do with playspace mover?
    if your goal is to move with button press then same functionality is in driver4vr.
    in virtoal rotation section.

Participant

I move my playspace with playspace mover. lol I don’t understand the question.
    I’ve not seen any virtual rotation in Driver4VR. Based on the name it’s only rotation? I don’t need any sort of rotation, I move my position with playspace mover. But when I do, my legs and feet start pointing all kinds of weird directions like they’re trying to rotate to point to my original position.

Participant

Finally remembered to take some photos. This is what I’m talking about.
    https://imgur.com/a/wHwANxj
    If I move myself any direction other than straight up or down, my legs and feet rotate weird directions. I was standing up when I did this.

Just to clarify: I am using an Oculus Rift and an Xbox One Kinect.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

before calibrating avatar you need ensure that legs are on the steamvr floor level.
    enter steamvr gray by system button and ensure that feet trackers are on floor level.

Participant

I’m not sure you’re understanding the issue here. I’ll restate the problem.

I use Play Space Mover by naelstrof (linked in my original post). Whenever I use Driver4VR with the play space mover, my feet and legs point in strange directions (see album in previous post). This does not occur when using KinectToVR.

My setup is calibrated fine and my “feet” are on the SteamVR floor. This issue is only present when using Driver4VR. It is not present when using KinectToVR.

I find Driver4VR’s tracking to be much better than KinectToVR, but if I can’t use play space mover without my body contorting into something from an 80s horror flick, I’ll just stop using it completely and recommend anything other than Driver4VR to friends.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks. can you refer me to what is 80s horror flick ?
    i assume you don’t use it just to offset but doing some tricks ?
    you can use virtual move with driver4vr, is that what you want ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.