Homepage Forums Head (only head) tracking Kinect 360 with Riftcat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ArunasArunas
    Participant

Hi.

Thank you Greg for good work.
    I have a question. I’m using kinect 360 with Riftcat with DCS and Nolimits 2 only seated. After calibration on the first 5 – 10 min of game I need to recenter Riftcat and my head position x, y, z flows. Could it be possible to make recenter button or calibrate driver4vr on keyboard like in Riftcat in game? Sorry for my bad English. Picture from this forum and i dont use light balls controlels etc. Only kinect 360 with riftcat.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ArunasArunas.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ArunasArunas.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    this calibration is for yaw offset in headset. if you calibrate driver after yaw reset of riftcat then any further riftcat reset should fix everything.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

how is kinect tracking you on seated ? i would assume for seated colour tacking will be better option.

ArunasArunas
    Participant

On the start after driver4vr head calibration kinect truks well for me but only first 5-10 min. In game after few times recenter Riftcat yaw, pitch, roll is ok but my kinect position goes wrong direction of x, y, z. Example x direction goes like z direction…
    After that hapens i shuting down game and calibrate driver4vr head position tracking.
    English not my native language but i think you understand my problem.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by ArunasArunas.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. i will check.
    does driver recalibratoin calculate different yaw offset “Angle correction”?

did it happen always to u or started recently ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Bla BlablaGreg Driver.
    ArunasArunas
    Participant

i bought kinect 360 just yesterday and driver4vr too :D. I think yes but I will check angle corection today later. Thank you for your replay.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

what you describe should not happen really 🙂
    if you correct yaw in riftcat to same position as you did during calibration, then position tracking should work well.
    if you can double check this please.

ArunasArunas
    Participant

With phone orientation after driver4vr calibration yaw angle changes.
    Without phone orientainion after driver4vr calibration yaw angle not changes.
    Added some pictures.
    Without game Riftcat button for recenter works ok. In DCS world after recenter few times head position goes wrong. In Vridge is nown problem of phone yaw drift.
    Or maybe DCS world recenter goes wrong because if i game minimaze and recenter with Ritcat everithing goes ok again. When game runing Riftcat recenter not working.

Attachments:
    ArunasArunas
    Participant

Finally i learned how to deal with Riftcat and driver4vr and everyting working very good. It is more what i expected. Thank you Greg Driver.
    And one more question is it possible in future to make calibration in driver4vr with keybord mapping not only by mouse?

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.