Homepage Forums General Kinect 360 VS Kinect ONE

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Absolute ZeroAbsolute Zero
    Participant

Not sure this there’s a topic on this already or not but I was wondering, which Kinect has the best motion capture/compatibility with driver4vr? You would think that it would be the Kinect ONE since its newer and an improved version of it’s predecessor but on the other hand most people seem to be use the Kinect 360 instead.

RipstikerproRipstikerpro
    Participant

From what I understand , the xbox one kinect give’s you better range and stuff , the 360 kinect is cheaper.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. problem is price for adapter for kinect one which is crazy recently.
    but today I found this what looks quite promising.

RipstikerproRipstikerpro
    Participant

Oh you mean that the xb 360 kinect uses usb instead of the proprietary port? I didn’t know that

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

no. 360 also need adapter but price is reasonable.

TiagoTiago
    Participant

One idea is to create your own adapter, it is not difficult and has several tutorials on the Internet, I wonder if the gain between the kinect from one to the 360 ​​and so high to the point of modifying the cables

AmateusAmateus
    Participant

The BIG difference between the kinect V1 (x360) and the kinect V2 (xONE) is that the V2 has a better camera resolution. Because of this it is able to track more bones. So if you want the best tracking the V2 is better.

BUT the reason why most people use the V1 is because of its price tag. Also from my personal experience the difference between the tracking is not worth the difference in price. The kinect V1 tracks the major bones just as fine as the kinect V2.

Conclusion: go for the kinect v1, its tracking is good enough for most games and it is way cheaper.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

What do you think about this or this ?

lexmonteirolexmonteiro
    Participant

Hello everyone, I’m using the Magicsee V1 and I got a great image quality using the HDMI port, ( Trinus AIOVR ) but one thing just bothered me a bit, the head tracking has a considerable delay, even using the boost option, I’m trying to using Driver4VR and kinect 360 to track only the head movements, they seem to work a little better but there’s still a delay, I wondered if Kinect for Xbox one would have a faster response or not…. or should I use psmove to do the head tracking? =/

Mark Smarusion
    Participant

you can also soder in a power supply to kinect one, many guides avaliable. so you dont have to buy the cable just 12v power supply and usb cable.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Mark Smarusion.
    Kaeden IrvineTheDunkShot
    Participant

I would buy the kinect V2 but the fact thst they don’t come with a adapter was mind blowing to me. I have seen great mocap using the kinect v2 but the adapter over here is an extra £40.
    I would say if you have a spare £150 to spend on a kinect v2 then go for it as it has better colour resolution and depth resolution. This helps with for example, sitting down or kicking. I would also suggest a kinect v2 if you are struggling with space, it have a more wide fov and the capture is 16:9 at 1080p 30fps. The kinect 360 is 480p at 30fps and is 4:3.

Dunk.

martinocko9martinocko9
    Participant

i just bought used kinect from a guy who used it with xbox one s so i got free adapter
    all for just 50€

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

cool. i ordered Chinese adapter just to give it a try 🙂

martinocko9martinocko9
    Participant

i will try to reverse engineer their kinect adapter and try to convert normal usb 3.0 b cable into a kinect adapter so you dont have to void any warranties

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by martinocko9martinocko9.
    cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

I cant speak for the xbox one v2 Kinect but for me the 360 Kinect was just what the doctor ordered, works great was so easy to setup, Kinect in front, psmove controller on, running psmove service (no need to config) start steamvr, run roomsetup ( before I start driver4vr) start driver4vr, check it’s all working all buttons pressed and finally I run roomsetup again just to center my play space (standing mode as the controller seem to drop off in roomscale mode) I think the 360’s vertical range could be better as picking things up off the ground is abit tricking but it works all the same.

P.S Gorn makes you feel like a horrible person XD LoL

AelixiaAelixia
    Participant

I’m in the UK and bought a modded Xbox One Kinect from this guy which was a lot cheaper than buying one with the seperate adapter. I can confirm that it works exactly the same and I’ve been using it in VRChat for leg/hip tracking with pretty good results.

It is a little fussy about which USB controllers it will work with but that’s the same for any Kinect v2/One and it needs to be on a USB bus that isn’t busy with lots of other devices. I also have to keep Kinect Studio open and connected whilst using it with Driver4VR.

kall666hkkall666hk
    Participant

Yeaaa…
    i am chinese , i use china clone adapter , it just cost 37usd , and works good

Alex MillsSoul245
    Participant

I got myself two Kinects, one a 36O and the other is an Xbox one, I just bought the adapter for the Kinect v1 but for the kinect v2 adapter is way too much so I’m just going to mod it. I know you need a 12v power supply but what is the minimal amp needed?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi. i have seen at least 2 youtube videos about this. you can check if they tell anything about this.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

and yes, i can confirm my chinese works.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.