Homepage Forums General Kinect 360 USB connection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deadlysnowconedeadlysnowcone
    Participant

Trying to get the kinect to interact with my desktop, had it up and running on my laptop to ensure the kinect/adapter were functioning properly. Using same SDK (1.8) and and windows version (10 x64), I can’t get it to function properly on my desktop. I either get bandwidth/power errors or nothing at all(initialization loop) in kinextexplorer-d2d.exe. All usb drivers up to date, gets closest to working on ASMedia usb3.1 extensible host controller(generic USB hub), but hardly functions on intel extensible host controller(generic USB hub). Motherboard is asus z97-a, and motherboard is set to prioritize usb bandwidth/power. All other usb devices have been disconnected, and no external hubs are being used. Has anyone had similar problems to this? And if so, did you manage to fix it?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you check if you don’t have kinect sound device disabled?
    i had similar problem with Kinect One, and your scenario sound a bit similar.
    Greg

Participant

Tryed disabling/enabling, no difference. Got a pci usb hub, Kinect stays connected now but displays at 0 fps.

Participant

For anyone who is getting usb bandwidth/power errors, a pci hub does work.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks 🙂
    what hub do you have ? what was issue?

Participant

I had the intel extensible hub (z97) as well as an asrock usb 3.1 controller. The 360 kinect did not like either of them. I ended up getting an inateck usb 3.0 pci hub, and the kinect seems to function properly on it. Unfortunately I am getting driver(?) issues, as the skeleton tracking seems to freeze after a minute in driver4vr.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

can you check this build and tell me if Kinect FPS goes to 0 ?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.