Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect 360 + Riftcat + SteamVR lag in calibration window

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi,

At startup, everything launches fine and the controllers are recognized in SteamVR. But when I open the calibration window, the UI and skeleton image lags every time I’m in the field of view. Is there a performance requirement or an tracking problem?

Head tracking is still in the image when I leave the field of view… When I step in, it tracks a few frames of the skeleton and my head before freezing/lags.

Thanks!

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Found the solution to the problem online for windows 10:

To fix this:

[go to “control panel”,” systems”, “advance system settings”, hit the performance “settings” button under the “advance” tab, should bring up prefomance options then click on its “advance” tag.

on the setting “adjust for best performance of:” set to “background services”

this will let windows give all applications even cpu time no just the active window.]

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
    D TXcalibur
    Participant

Ok thats doesn’t work… Click on another window for now and the app should work better in the background. It is related to active windows selection though.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    yes. there were too many things happending in UI thread. it should work better in next release.

Greg

D TXcalibur
    Participant

It was indeed a performance issue. Switch video card and it’s fine now. Manage to pass one calibration position(not enough area to avoid too close to previous position error)but it’s tracking my feet and head fine in Display mirror. FreePie tracking from phone(head rotation) lags more now for some reason. CPU is under 40% usage.

Looking forward to hands tracking and future releases!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.