Homepage Forums General Kinect 360 in Daydream w/ Unreal Engine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob MillikenRobMilliken
    Participant

I have a Kinect 360 and Pixel XL 2 with an adapter for a regular USB port as well as a BoboVR Z5 viewer and controller (a glorified Google Cardboard). Any possibility of using the Pixel 2 and K360 together as a more portable VR system? (I read many comments that there is a lack of space likely because of the size of their computers.) I believe there could be a demand. I am familiar with the Unreal Engine which already has Daydream Controller support – so a plugin/driver would be awesome.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    What eventually you would like to support ?
    I can see Pixel XL 2 is a phone. Does it work with cardboard ?

Rob MillikenRobMilliken
    Participant

Yes, Pixel 2 XL is a smart phone that can use Daydream VR (as you may know even Google Cardboard can use Daydream VR with the controller and a NFC programmed properly as Daydream to the visor). The goal would be a driver that is compatible with the K360 and the phone using the Unreal Engine to track movements.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you can set up steamvr head and controller tracking and there must be option in unreal to use this. like here.

Rob MillikenRobMilliken
    Participant

Greg,

You are right, there is also TrinusVR which can track your head as well – wirelessly. The smartphone isn’t powerful enough (PCs GPU I understand are taxed with Kinect) but you have given me some ideas in combination with your driver and a computer/mobile interface on how to be more free. Again, the goal being that one can move to a larger space if their “computer office” doesn’t have enough.

I do appreciate your time in discussing this! Awesome project!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.