Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Kinect 360 failed to connect: 'Device Not Supported'

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Royce RussellRoyce Russell
    Participant

So I just bought the Driver4Vr, and followed the instructions on installing it. I have an Xbox 360 Kinect that is connected to the computer. However, when I run Driver4Vr, it says: Kinect 360 failed to connect: ‘Device Not Supported’. I have already installed Kinect Runtime 1.8, and it says installed next to it in green. I’m not sure how to fix this/ Help would be greatly appreciated, and I would like to use what I just paid $18 for.
    Thanks!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

what helped me in such situation was a complete uninstall and install of kinect sdk.

Royce RussellRoyce Russell
    Participant

I have done that a few times, and what I found is that Driver4Vr launches when there is no setting for body tracking selected. If I were to select Kinect Skeleton, and try to launch it, it brings up this error.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it launches then because there is no error like one you have.
    i assume you also tried other usb ports?
    did you restart pc post to uninstallation of sdk? and also sdk installs few components that you need to remove: Drivers, Runtime, SDK. They are 3 listed in Apps & Features of windows.

Hi, I am having the same problem.
    Could I please get support for this as it feels like a waste of money.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.