Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Joycon(R) keeps disconnecting and malfunctioning

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Luis FranciscoDinosaur Rex
    Participant

Left Joycon works normally, when I connect the Right Joycon it works normally under the preview window, but in VR it starts malfunctioning and then it loses connection.

Participant

Also, when it disconnects, I can’t reconnect it unless I restart Driver4vr

Participant

I think I solved it, you can install betterjoyforcemu and use the advanced tab which is a small >, as shown on the first picture and disable “Show as Xinput”, it will appear on Driver4VR and so far, it hasn’t disconnected, gonna continue testing and come back with results.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

It keeps disconnecting, it didn’t solve anything.

Participant

I thought this was a problem with the Kinect, that the program couldn’t handle that many inputs, but I tested it without the kinect, only with the virtual trackers(Joycon), and it still disconnects one controller after a few minutes of gameplay.

Participant

I tested the game without the Kinect input and the game ran fine, it didn’t disconnect the controllers.

But this time I went to the details tab on the task manager, and set the Driver4VR priority to High, I’m gonna test it with the Kinect input now and come back with results.

Participant

It still disconnects a random controller after a few minutes.

Anthony Gabiladon.juan.vr
    Participant

maybe ur bluetooth adapter? not really sure. is there like a sleep or timeout setting in windows that disconnects a bluetooth device?

Participant

I am sure it isn’t my adapter, I use the same adapter and the same Joycons to play other games and emulators and they never disconnect, it is a problem with Driver4vr, do you use Joycons? Do they never disconnect?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

looks like bluetooth issue.
    what other software do you use?

Participant

The only other software I have open when I use Driver4Vr is Steam. I don’t even have background programs running, as I said on my first posts I tried using BetterjoyforCEMU but after that I made a clean install and I keep having the same problem.

Jed Napolesoldschoolsweep
    Participant

I have this issue too and it’s only the right joycon that disconnects. It just stops working after about 5 mins or so once I connect it to driver4vr. It show on my Bluetooth settings that it’s connected both the left and right joycons but once the right joycon disconnects it shows the left connected but the right only paired.

Participant

@oldschoolsweep
    I had to give up and play with a joycon and a wired 360, with this setup I have played for over 1 hour straight but it still disconnects, though it is not as annoying, any other bluetooth controller is disconnected if I have more than 1 connected, I also noticed that after a while the joycon starts lagging a lot.

jacob blehjacob bleh
    Participant

Same exact problem for me. Left Joycon is flawless and never disconnects, while the right one is laggy and constantly loses connection resulting in me having to remove it and search for it and connect it all over again and it really is annoying. Is there some bluetooth interference that they can’t both be used at the same time?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by jacob blehjacob bleh.
    DilesZDilesZ
    Participant

Same, very well descripted by jacob, please Greg guide us.

Ibra Mweldeh
    Participant

Try this.. worked for me.. Hopefully works for others..

Remain problem is joycon keep drifting when playing beat saber.. so need to keep press +/- button

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tony HarrisTony Harris
    Participant

<disregard for now, didn’t see a way to delete a post – looks like my sleep settings reverted for some reason, trying again>

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Tony HarrisTony Harris.
    Faith RavenK A V K A
    Participant

I have the same issue, except it’s my left joy-con that never seems to stay connected (and when it does it’s incredibly laggy), but the right one works fine. Waiting on an additional BT adapter to see if that resolves anything (currently using a CSR8510 A10). I tried Weldeh’s solution above but it unfortunately didn’t help. Oddly enough, I can use a combination of a Wiimote + right Joy-Con for upwards of an hour without any issues apart from the Wiimote losing calibration frequently.

David LagalleDavid
    Participant

Same problem, has anyone figured out the problem? (the right joycon is disconnected from windows after one/two minute)
    Maybe my bluetooth dongle is not strong enough ?
    I have this one : https://www.xmpow.com/products/mpow-bh079a-usb-bluetooth-adapter-for-pc?_pos=11&_sid=8f15ac582&_ss=r (3Mbps / bluetooth 4.0 / 33 feet)
    If my dongle is the problem, which one i have to buy ?

In all dongle description i see that only one simultaneous connection is possible …
    Please i really need your help

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.