Homepage Forums General JoyCon tilt and rotate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mikhail SergeevMikhail Sergeev
    Participant

My setup is JoyCon+Kinect

When I rotate the controller horizontally nothing happens. (This is understandable, because there is no compass).

But if I tilt it horizontally , it will rotated horizontally. I reallg don’t like that.
    How to make the horizontal tilt was a tilt?
    And his rotation was recorded from the Kinect (like without JoyCons at all)

Participant

I tried Virtual Controllers and its works very fine with rotation and tilt. But how to combine this with Kinect hand height for example?

Participant

That’s strange but now with Kinect hand tracking yaw working good except that, it suddenly stuck in random angle.

Btw
    What that settings do? (pic related) I mean what is rotation center, chaperone center, rotation angles

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

is when you press rotation button it will turn you around.
    if they suddently stuck it might be either that trial time has expired and driver turned itself off. or they are disconnected from bluetooth.
    can you tell which option we have ?
    is this enough to just restart vr to make them wokring ?

Participant

I’m gold subscriber lol 😀

By ‘stuck’ I mean when if rotate JoyCon to left, for example, then get it back to middle. At middle in real life it always be rotated left in game. Looks like calibration by yaw gets broken, because it responding, but doesn’t correctly

And you don’t answer what difference between 90/180 angles, Chaperone center and “You will remain in…”?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

does joycon problem happens with 2 devices?
    regarding center it is about wheteher it rotates you around your position or room center.

Participant

Yes, but with left joycon this problem happens more often

Looks like “Disable horizontal drift”, which attempt to yaw correction from Kinect supposed to fix this, but this setting is always enabled and I never saw how it at least doing something to fix.

Participant

Tested it now
    Only left controller liable to drift. After some fast motions it yaw gets at 90 degree left until I recalibrate it with minus button on it

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

there is message during driver4vr startup that tells to keep it flat. did yuo follow this ?
    and yes. it might drift. it depends on specific device and how fast you move unfortunately.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.