Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Installation failing to find registry key that exists?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Garrett KrutillaKovaaK
    Participant

Hiya,

I’m trying to use Driver4VR 5.1.0.0 Beta with the goal of using the Kinect v2 and the new tVR functionality to let my 6 year old son play Beat Saber without having to wear a heavy HMD. Unfortunately I’m running into some problems, and haven’t had any luck in resolving them.

Notably when I try to install Driver4VR toward the end of the installation it throws this message: Registry Key Missing

This happens whether I run the installer as the regular user or administrator. After that comes up, I manually select “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\” (which is where I have SteamVR installed), and it tells me “Components have been installed with success!”.

I can confirm 1) I have SteamVR installed, and 2) there is an entry in the Windows registry at the location that it says it can’t find: registry

When running Driver4VR (the program, not the installer) and following the steps described on this video, immediately after the Status finishes initializing, it goes to “Error: Unable to connect to SteamVR: Hmd Not Found Presence Failed.” Enabling tVR, closing SteamVR, and restarting SteamVR does not change the status of the message.

I can’t seem to progress past this point. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling SteamVR and Driver4VR several times, as admin and not, but nothing seems to make any difference. Is there any chance anyone can help? Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Garrett KrutillaKovaaK.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    we spoke via discord. i will investigate problem and come back.

Garrett KrutillaKovaaK
    Participant

Update in case anyone comes along and has the same issue: The latest version that Greg released fixed my issue. Cheers to Greg!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Glad it works 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.