Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Hmd alignment issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cretkensighcretkensigh
    Participant

Hey all I’ve got a weird issue with my setup and I cant seem to nail it down. I’m using a oculus dk1 and 2 psmove cameras on a 180 setup (getting active cables for use of 4 360) and psmove controllers.

My issue is when turn with my hands out in front like holding a gun etc. my controllers seem to follow a weird orbit. slightly right of myself. I mean they work and track fine but this misalignment seems to make the controllers orbit slightly wrong it’s align to my “Kinect body” which puts my hmd slightly left of where the “Kinect body” says it is.

Not game breaking but doesn’t feel right either. mind you it has always been there. anyone else have the same alignment.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

The issue with the ps move controllers moving in elliptical orbit is known and there is a fix for it in the latest PSMoveService/PSMoveSteamVrBridge. If one does not use the Start/Select position calibration method and enter offset in y and z directly in steamvr.vrsettings, the controllers will follow a circular orbit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5WsEWEZVYM). However, Kinectv1 headtracking put me at a different depth than the controllers.

Even though I’m only using one PS eye, it shouldn’t be that far. I guess one PS eye is bad for measuring distance from camera…

The issue is that PSMoveService doesn’t always work right with Driver4VR. Either we need a manual offset in Driver4VR to compensate or wait for the next release where Kinect will take over the positioning for all parts of your body. Otherwise, we have to play with calibration until it works…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by D TXcalibur.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.