Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Help. Oculus & 360 kinect lower body tracking

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    missingchromiemissingchromie
    Participant

I’ve been attempting to get the driver4vr software to work for the past 5 or 6 hours, and have ran into numerous issues (not necessarily the fault of the driver4vr software)

Such as when launching the driver4vr software my sensors in the oculus software state that they have poor tracking quality, which isn’t true.

My current setup has one sensor in each corner of my room.

0—-+
    + +
    +—-0

I also cannot launch any steam vr games without the oculus software running (maybe something they are forcing now, but wasn’t earlier), if I attempt to run a game without the oculus software running I just get a black screen.

I have tried the developer toolkit browser with its various demos to see that my kinect was functioning properly and the software there tracks my movements with fluidity.

In summary my problems are as follows:

• Cannot run steam vr games without oculus software running (has overhead)
    • Tracking calibration for body at step 2 will always say that my HMD is too close to the previous position even though I have walked to the other side of my play space
    • The oculus software is reporting that my sensors are not functioning property (error code -8606)
    • If not running the driver4vr software I have proper tracking with my touch controllers and 360 degree tracking without the need for the oculus software to run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I only made this so long so that I could cover my issues properly.

Thanks.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I think you need Oculus software to run. I also have and without there is black screen indeed.
    On the calibration screen there is Kinect and VR position of head. Can you confirm if both values they change as you move ?
    Sorry it took you so long. I am doing my best to make it smoothly running but since we integrate different products such things might happen.
    Greg

Participant

This is what it currently looks like without running. I’m wanting mainly to have lower body tracking in conjunction with the existing tracking that the oculus touch controllers and headset offer.

Also it may be worth noting that when I have the driver4vr software running neither oculus home nor steam home have tracking on my touch controllers or headset so my head location is at the floor and hands do not move. I have to uninstall the software in order for the additional sensors that the kinect offers to be removed from the steam vr display. This could be because I haven’t been able to calibrate my head position properly.

Thanks, John.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

This may be my own error, but I don’t see how I could have caused this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for my own testing and upon reading the log files left behind after my latest uninstall I read that on
    2018-01-09 22:45:38:, I was running version 3.2.0.0 and later on at
    2018-01-10 13:26:15 it states that version 3.1.0.0 was being initialized.

I don’t know why it would revert to a previous version, I have been installing and reinstalling from a single installer, but I believe that your installer is network based so it shouldn’t matter.

Here is the log file. (I’ve added my own comments explaining towards the bottom of the log file.)

Participant

And yes the values change as I move.

St4rwindSt4rwind
    Participant

I was wondering if there is a setting to turn it just to track lower-body?
    I have the same issue in VRChat that after I align the handcontrolers everything but the hands gets smashed to the ground.
    I thought jsut lower-body tracking was one of Driver4VR’s features? My oculus sensor are more than enough for the hand and head tracking so we just need to figure out how to only track lower body.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.