Homepage Forums New feature Hand Tracking and Controllers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SnisSnis
    Participant

Not sure if hand tracking is already a feature but if so is it possible to add in custom controller mapping? So that Kinect does all motion tracking and can map controls to any controller? Interested in using my Nintendo Switch Controllers since they are blue tooth and have gyroscopes to track rotational data.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

You can use leap motion, not kinect, to do this now. Not sure about Switch controllers, but in the latest beta, psmoves, psnavis work well.

SnisSnis
    Participant

Yea just very hesitant about Leap motion because i feel would have a lack of range. The Field of view on the leap motion seems very limited to just the front of your face if you have it attached to the VR Headset.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it will be available in version 3.0 in few weeks.

SnisSnis
    Participant

Sweet you are awesome Greg. 🙂

JonnyJonny
    Participant

The leap range is limited, yeah, it loses tracking if you don’t put your arms up, but generally it works well. Also has a handy ‘sticky controller’ feature where if you move the controller out of its range, it sticks to that spot. I’ve been using that in Doom BFG to attach the flashlight, hold my gun if I am lazy etc. Not sure if that is intended, but it works.

That said, yeah just wait for kinect hand tracking.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by JonnyJonny.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it was intended and the purpose is exactly like you use it 🙂

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi. here is preview.
    what u think ?

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Looks great.
    How does psmove kinect tracking compare to leap and bt controllers?

Is there any way to use the leap too in this set up? Maybe as tracking when facing away from kinect?

Looking forward to trying it out.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

no fov limitation but front facing. i hope I can make 2 kinects giving 360 degrees next year but have not tested much this yet.

can leap be used when back to kinect ? why not 🙂

SnisSnis
    Participant

Omg love it!! Can’t wait to try it out just curious do blue tooth controllers and a tracking ball work?

TooandrewTooandrew
    Participant

When you’re working on 360 degree tracking you run into interference issues with two kinect v2s that you can’t solve (everyone I’ve seen who’s tried has) you should consider trying to get it working with one v2 and one v1 – I imagine many of us have both, and people have found solutions for interference with the v1. Really looking forward to this.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    i don’t think you can connect two Kinect 2 to one PC.

D TXcalibur
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to mix controllers ? Say, a PS move on one hand with Virtoba S1/Daydream on the other?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    First beta here

Release 3 Beta – Introducing hand controllers

I will add colour tracking in few days.
    Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.