Homepage Forums General Goal = fitness on low spec hardware. Method = ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jago pearcejago pearce
    Participant

I think it’s important to note here that everybody has different goals in what they are trying to do with their setup.

I am interested in fitness after trying the VIVE with Thrill of the Fight. I found that the arm movements and head dips / squats are fantastic. But it’s simply too expensive to buy a new PC and the whole setup. I want to do fitness but I don’t think top quality graphics are needed for this goal.

1) What is the lowest lag head tracking? AFAIK kinect is too laggy.

2) If a game is very low detail Wii style graphics does that make this feasible on a Iris integrated GPU or is there other processing to consider besides visuals? I found HotSquat on Steam – there has to be other games out there that can be taken down to Minecraft level.

3) What would be low lag controllers for the arms?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i think key question is low lag. this might be psmoveservice but I have not played it for a while. i am actually looking right now on this problem but it seems some lag with kinect can be difficult to get rid of.
    one option is eventually increase forecast parameter in motion filter but it will work with major motion. still experimenting.
    regarding reducing gpu requirements I am not familiar with unfortunately.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.