Followed “Robyns Janky VR Setup Guide”. all of a sudden stops working

Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Followed “Robyns Janky VR Setup Guide”. all of a sudden stops working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DooDooTimeDooDooTime
    Participant

I followed this steam guide: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1724118072 It step-by-step showed how to do the setup. And (without buying the full version) it worked pretty well, until one day in August when I launched SteamVR and some weird stuff happened. The VR View window started showing a very laggy feed, all while I couldn’t see anything on my actual phone. So I restarted SteamVR, It then says “SteamVR Fail” with the error code 476, and Driver4VR has an error that says: “Error: Unable to connect to SteamVR: IPC Compositor Connect Failed”. Ever since then, every single restart gives me either the same error, or SteamVR won’t even register the phone. I’ve tried it with different cables, in all of the USB ports, I’ve also tried using the SteamVR beta, all to no avail. I’m considering borrowing someone else’s phone just to see if the problem is my phone, but if that doesn’t work, the issue may lie with my PC. At this point, I’m kind of SOL, but I hope someone with this setup at least has the same issue as I do.
    -Have a good day.

Muhammad SiddiquiNinja9856
    Participant

theres a good chance usb debugging (and/or USB tethering) is off, and its using your wifi instead. try turning off and on those options

DooDooTimeDooDooTime
    Participant

One of the first things I do is check if USB tethering is on before I even launch SteamVR. I appreciate your help though.

t dizzlet dizzle
    Participant

What are your pc specs? My high spec laptop but intergrated graphics threw this error at me, iirc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.