Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Driver4vr repeatedly closes / unresponsive (free version)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adam BuckleyAdam Buckley
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying out Driver4vr to provide head and controller tracking for a Trinus PSVR setup with a Windows 10 PC. Version is 4.1 beta, downloaded today.

I have a 360 Kinect. The 1.8 driver is installed and recognised by Driver4vr. The Kinect sdk applications work fine. Driver4vr is recognised by Steam VR.

However, the GUI repeatedly closes about 10 seconds after starting the driver, and the system is not tracking at all. On one occasion the application stayed open; FPS counters read 30 for kinect and 58 for driver, then froze. Kinect calibration window is unresponsive. CPU usage is only 25%.

Any ideas? I’ll bappily buy Driver4vr if I can get it to work properly.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

skeleton or colour tracking?
    amd cpu ?

Adam BuckleyAdam Buckley
    Participant

Thanks for answering! Skeleton tracking; CPU is a (fairly old) Intel Xeon. GPU is a 1080 FWIW.

Reinstalled this morning and the GUI crashes straight after starting the driver, so I haven’t been able to try changing any options.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Adam BuckleyAdam Buckley.
    Adam BuckleyAdam Buckley
    Participant

Ok, turns out it was something to do with needing to run Steam as an administrator. Everything working fine now, and I’ve upgraded to the paid version. Thanks!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.