Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Driver4Vr not detected. Please Run Installer(Log Files Attached)

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Matt JohnsonMatt.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt JohnsonMatt
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get d4vr to work for a few weeks now and i still keep on getting the “Driver4vr is not detected. please run installer” error.

i’ve run the installer many times and it still gives me the error. SteamVR is also not running in safe mode. I really want to try out this driver for fbt with my wmr before buying it but my trial has expired. im using kinect 360 fyi.

i have tried out kinect2vr and it works fine but the manual calibration on that software is really annoying. since k2vr works, i really have no idea why d4vr wouldn’t on my laptop. log files are attached below

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you are most likely in Safe Mode. Click Disable safe mode on window near SteamVR.

Matt JohnsonMatt
    Participant

i’ve restarted steamvr a few times and the safemode window isn’t popping up though. i wonder if it is in safe mode but just not notifying me about it?

also have tried adding the “enableSafeMode” : false line into the steamvr.vrsettings but it keeps on reverting back to its original state.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Matt JohnsonMatt.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.