Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers DRIVER4VR + KINECT + TRINUSPSVR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alonsojr1980alonsojr1980
    Participant

Hello, mates! I’ve being using Trinus PSVR along with Driver4vr and a Kinect 360 (for head and body tracking). It works, but the head tracking from Driver4VR messes with the PSVR’s rotation/tilt. I’ve being trying to play THE CLIMB (from Oculus, through Revive) but the game needs the player to stretch the neck to reach higher places, and I think the head positioning from Driver4VR’s tracker (with Kinect) can help me with that. Can anyone shed some light on this, please?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    what you mean messes with rotation/tilt ? i tested recently psvr and best result is if you keep it front to kinect when starting trinus. then you can press calibrate next to head tracking to correct it even more.

regarding your problem I am not clear what it is. you say that you use it for head and body tracking and then asking for same. it must be my english so can you please rephrase question?

alonsojr1980alonsojr1980
    Participant

Greg, when I activate head tracking in Driver4VR, it makes the PSVR’s image stutter when I rotate my head. It would be cool to have an option to use just the X and Y from Drivers4VR and the gyroscope from PSVR.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i provide only x,y,z from kinect. i don’t do anyting related to orientation.
    are you saying that rotation is smooth when tracking is turned off?

alonsojr1980alonsojr1980
    Participant

Yes! When driver4vr’s Head tracking is off, the rotation (from trinus psvr + playstation VR) is smooth. When the HMD is flat on a surface, the tracking from driver4vr is also smooth.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ok. i will check that.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

@alonsojr1980
    do you mind trying test version ? i would make build for you using FreePIE script that might help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.