Homepage Forums New feature Custom arduino controller

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ultiman18ultiman18
    Participant

Good day. Would it be possible to make custom arduino micro/leonardo based controller? My idea is: It would be tracked using a lightened up ping pong ball by PS Eye or Kinect. Something similar to the virtual controller feature, but including not only positional tracking, but also rotational tracking using IMU (for example MPU6050).

Greetings

felipepassionfelipepassion
    Participant

Since you can simulate inputs with your controller, and he will be recognized by the operational system…i don’t see why not. I think it will work.

You just have to enable the xbox/controller on the tracker settings, and map your keys to the vive-controlelr inputs.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i plan to make api that will allow integrate with driver4vr. but can’t start yet due to other things to do.

L Pcurious_pineapple
    Participant

I am too working on this. I have button, axis and rotational data being reported by Windows but Driver4VR reports the rotation as additional axis.

Lukas Satincyberluke
    Participant

Hi, any update on this API? I see you support Existing Tracker (in Development). So without your API, if we create Arduino with SteamVR driver (SteamVR Tracker device?), it will work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.