Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting could not start kinect

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    torquemadatorquemada
    Participant

Hi!
    My kinect 360 works right with other software on my Win10 PC.
    With Driver4VR seems all ok… the configuration window opens when I start SteamVR, and then I select ON on “Body tracking from kinect”.
    When I click on “Start Driver4VR” popups a window titled “kinect error” – and – “could not start kinect – check if your kinect is properly connected to USB”.

The software is all installed, sdk too. Can some1 help me?
    Thaks!

torquemadatorquemada
    Participant

SOLVED. Sorry! Drivers issue. Thank you!

GentleFPSGentleFPS
    Participant

so wait, how did you solve it? it would be great if you shared your solution ://

CrokdocCrokdoc
    Participant

ANSWER: Update the “Kinect for Windows Camera” driver.

You can find it in computer Management and under Device management.
    Hope this is more specific than the previous answer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ethan HanniganNatekVR117
    Participant

I do not have the Kinect Camera, Audio Array nor the Security Control, only in my Device management, right now i’m going to get a replacement and see if that works or not. I only have “Kinect for windows device”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you might try uninstall driver, then change installer to windows 7 compatibility mode.

Ethan HanniganNatekVR117
    Participant

Hey. Sadly did not work, i just recently bought two extra kinects but ran into the same issue, just to confirm, do you need to plug in the AC Power and the USB or just the USB for the whole system to work?

Thanks.

Ethan HanniganNatekVR117
    Participant

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh855356.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Troubleshooting Tips:
    “Connect the power supply for the Kinect to an external power source; if the Kinect has only power from the USB connection, it will be minimally functional and light the LED, but it must be connected to an external power source to be fully functional.”

Just found this, i was hoping this wouldn’t be the case, i do not have the correct AC Socket connection, i’ll update you when i receive the correct AC Adaptor.

Peter Gombergpetermg
    Participant

Did you ever get this resolved??

Gerik NewtonGerik
    Participant

my plugin was out a little. Just pushed it back in and the problem was fixed. If your having an issue like this just check to see if all the kinetics lights are coming on. If they are not check the power cord.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.