Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Can't install driver4vr to test out the trial

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LiyohLiyoh
    Participant

I just get this error when I try to install it. Any idea what’s causing this issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

it cannot find steamvr. is this installed ?

LiyohLiyoh
    Participant

Yes it’s installed. I wonder if its having an issue because it’s installed on a different drive to my Steam installation which is on the C drive, Steam VR is the D drive.

LiyohLiyoh
    Participant

Yes that was indeed the problem, I moved SteamVR to my C drive and now it managed to install!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

ok. i will test it for next release. if steamvr is not found you sould get prompt to find location your self.

LiyohLiyoh
    Participant

That’s a great idea because not everyone will have space on their C drive to install SteamVR if they’re using an older SSD drive

InfinityInfinity
    Participant

Hi I am getting the same issue, however moving SteamVR to my C drive (my steam install is on a different drive) does not help.

Is there a beta release planned really soon for the next release? I’d love to try it out, especially considering how hard of a time I am having getting this to detect the SteamVR binaries.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this build should allow you to select steamvr folder manually.
    it seems registers they show wrong location cause I was generally prepared for this scenario.
    anyway I could not get steamvr to get installed on D even though i have defined library there. i had to play a bit to test this scenario.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.