Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Can't connect JoyCon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Shinoha YuzukiShinoha Yuzuki
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m trying tracking using JoyCon, Kinect, OculusDK 2, but JoyCon is not recognized by Driver4VR.
    It is recognized on the Windows side, but it is not displayed on the Driver4VR Devices. Click on “Update List of Devices”, but not change.
    In addition, click on BluetoothManager, an error displayed. “Unknown error (0x80041002)”

Kinect works well! Help me..

HMD:Oculus DK2
    Kinect v1
    JoyCon
    BlueTooth:4.0

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    evil tazevil taz
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem….
    and my joycon were working, and suddenly not anymore
    I don’t know if there is a way to force driver4vr to make the link between the soft and the connected joycon ?

Is it possible to repair the link ? one registry line ?

Any clue ?

evil tazevil taz
    Participant

Here are my logs
    i don’t know if it means anything but it s missing joycon ID inside steamvr.settings

any help is more than welcome

Attachments:
    evil tazevil taz
    Participant

As always the best and fastest way to solve devices problem : clean windows install
    And boom joycon are recognized again inside the software

I think i had a registry ID problem somewhere

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks. yes. windows bluetooth can be a pain.

Santa HeySantaHey
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the same problem, Windows recognize the joy-cons but the device list of Driver4VR is empty.
    Is your software compatible with Windows 8.1 ?

Michael DopheideMichael Dopheide
    Participant

Well I have a similar problem except only one will work and the other will just continue blinking. When I tried to connect them one at a time they both connected but one would either disconnect or become frozen

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you should be on windows 10.

Cat QuinzelCat
    Participant

I have the same exact issue as the original post. Win10 is not required for the Joy Cons to function. Can you make a fix for the Win7 people, until we can upgrade to 10 please?

AzisAzis
    Participant

Who the (pig noises) would reinstall windows for that.

Gordon KowalkTandenz
    Participant

One of the Joy cons will blinking and disconnected every time in old and fresh Windows 10 Install and two different bluethoot USB Sticks. We News Help to fix the Problem. I spent Lots of time to get this Problem solved. But No Chance to fix ist. Driver or riftcat or driver4vr Problem? Gregor PLZ Help us

Jason HerbertJherbalz
    Participant

I’ve been trying to fix this for months. Gearvr controllers dont preview either.

PotatoPowered_PCPotatoPowered_PC
    Participant

I think I might’ve figured out the problem. In my log, it gives the error:
    “Could not find Windows Runtime type ‘Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DeviceInformationCollection’.”
    Specifically, “DeviceInformationCollection” was introduced in Windows 10, according to the Windows Dev Center (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.devices.enumeration.deviceinformationcollection), which means that any pre-Windows 10 computer can’t use it.
    TLDR; the function used for collecting the device info doesn’t exist on our computers, and it can’t update the device list. Maybe there’s an alternative function that can collect the device info?

Attachments:
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

that would be whole api I use I am afraid. 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.