Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Calibration Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I hear the applause for every position when I calibrate but when it finishes my feet and hip trackers are about 13 feet away from my head and hands. They track correctly but are way too far away.
    They occasionally get towards my right and slightly behind me while I calibrate but go back to the same place once calibration finishes.
    It also says the mistakes are low usually if I don’t move fast.

jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

Maybe try adjusting the position of your kinect?… do you have it above your head poiting down?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by jamieukguy147jamieukguy147.
    Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

Yes, it can see me perfectly and shows my skeleton without lag at all but I am just looking at it mover perfectly as it should from several feet away. I can see it in the Steam overlay like this and then when I load VR Chat it shows my body crumpled on the floor with my hands trying to get where they really are.

jamieukguy147jamieukguy147
    Participant

Not sure… try latest beta driver from yesterday. Here https://www.driver4vr.com/forums/topic/release-3-1-0-cpu-improvements/#post-1964

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

Same thing happens with the latest release.

yomeo9999yomeo9999
    Participant

I’m having the same issue i have my kinect mounted to my wall and it tracking my skeleton really well but i see my feet off in the distance moving with my actual feet but I’ve tried many times to calibrate it but its the same thing every time

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I also posted this here and @Hart Gaming was having the same issue as well.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    what is your setup? do you use kinect for head tracking as well or you have other kit like oculus?

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I have an HTC Vive and I just use it for the skeleton/body tracking, not head or hands/controllers. My Kinect is for the 360 and has worked for various other computers projects. It works in sync with my feet in real life but is just several feet away from my head. Thx for looking into this y’all.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i have some idea. do you mind running another version with extra traces that I will provide ?

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I had to leave my home for a few hours but I can when I get back.

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I can try the different version now.

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

Thus far I can only get the trackers to come near me at about step 2 or three during the calibration. They are still far away from my feet and waist but a lot closer than before. When I do steps 4 and 5 they completely disappear until calibration is complete. Then they return to where they were before, far away from me. I can try any version if I need to.

Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88
    Participant

I tried the 3.2.0 update and setting up VR in room scale.
    This fixed my problem.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Dyl_Pickle88Dyl_Pickle88.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.