Homepage Forums New feature Best full body plus finger tracking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    moooh_gxmoooh_gx
    Participant

Hello Greg,
    Let me start by sayin you’re a genius buddy.
    I am thinking of two modes that would be ultimate immersion in VR which are the following and which I think would basically be plug n play and while they have the best immersion while also being economical, they happen to be most accurate:
    1. Is for VR games that are best felt when you have something in Hand like shooters and so forth, I Am thinking of Using PSVR + Nolo VR positional tracking for the headset and controllers (dedicated positional tracking because these require most accuracy in 3D space) + Kinect 2.0 for full body positional tracking of hips and feet (cheaper than buying a 100$ vive tracker for each limb).

2. This mode would be for games that have you touch the world with your hands like VR chat and and so forth and So it is PSVR + Nolo VR tracking for headset (for accuracy) + Leap motion (I read it has terrible positional tracking in 3D space but it’s good for accurate finger tracking) + Kinect 2.0 for positional tracking of Hands (because leap motion is inaccurate in positional tracking) and also for hips and feet.

I sure would love to hear it’s all gonna be incorporated in driver4vr dear Greg.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi,
    i think 1. is already done with body tracking. right ?

imho leap is not so good for finger trackng while it quite accurately tracks orientation overall from hands. that is why I made version where orientation is from hands and trigger from gamepad.

Let me know what you think.
    Greg

moooh_gxmoooh_gx
    Participant

Hey,

Well if pressing a button translates to full bending of the finger, even just having two stages of finger bending tracked as in stage 1 is half a bend and stage 2 is a full bend it is still more immersive than pressing a button to track in stages and we know that Leap motion is ofc capable of tracking in more stages than that.

Also after the Orion update Leap motion finger tracking is now on a Whole new level right now; Please check this video that I came across, our dear Greg: https://youtu.be/7HnfG0a6Gfg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.