Homepage Forums New feature Aruco cubes for tracking?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tux TopoTux Topo
    Participant

Hi Greg! Julian Aydar here!!

I was thinking some crazy-ish idea… As far as i understand, with the kinect cameras you can track position of the head/hands/body, but is not that good for rotations… And using colored lighted bulbs you have better tracking…

Well, some time ago, when playing with Opentrack, i found that making som paper cube with aruco patterns in its sides, and then lighting from the inside, gives me some decent tracking (limitations of opentrack only track one pattern, so no real use). Then, a few months ago i found that Trinus can use different aruco markers to identify front or sides…

So… my idea is, making 3 different aruco cubes with light inside. Each with different patterns. Aruco provides 1024 different patterns, but for this you need only 15 different patterns (less depending on how we play with it). One for tracking the head, and the other two for the hand controllers, which can be any controller you want to use… or no controller at all…

Of course, one big limitation factor will be the resolution of the camera and the size of the cubes…

So, any what do you think? it’s way insane, right?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    i was thinking about this too 🙂 and I found even some kickstarters providing aruco like controllers from folded paper and marker on each side.
    but for kinect we need much less markers and can even start with one for each hand.
    i will do it probably next week cause it is indeed cool idea 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.