Homepage Forums Positional tracking – head and head trackers Android with Trinus and Joy cons with led ping pong balls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TheBattleCatsTheBattleCats
    Participant

I’ve been busy trying to get all of the components to create my own vr experience. I’ve managed to get TrinusVR working, so i have head tracking, but no positional tracking yet. I want to use the xbox 360 kinect for that. I can make the led ping pong balls for on top of the headset and on the joy cons that i’m planning to use for controlling the hands. This does raise some questions:

– Will i be able to use one kinect unit for both head and hand tracking?
    – Can i use the gyroscope in the joy cons for hand tracking and the led ping pong balls for tracking the position of my hands?
    – Do the led ping pong balls need to be a specific color?
    – Will i eventually be able to upgrade to two kinect units (one in front of me and one behind me) for full hand tracking, or is one unit enough?

Thank you in advance for your replies! I can’t wait to get in VR!

-Lars

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    yes. you can use kinect for head/hand tracking.
    note this is positional tracking. not orientation which is from gyroscope and other sensors.
    colour balls need to have different colours otherwise app is not able to find difference.
    can’t tell right now how 2 kinects will work. they definitively interfere when used together but need more tests to see which elements work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.