Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Aiming angle adjustment?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim RooneyJim Rooney
    Participant

Is there a way to change the (vertical) aiming of the controllers?

There’s this rather common problem, primarily with FPS games, where the gun angle and controller angle don’t exactly make sense…

For example, I love Compound. I play that game all the time. With CV1/Touch, it works brilliantly. Aiming feels natural and accurate.

But, in Driver4VR, I’m using PS Move controllers, which emulate as Vive Wands. Clicking menus and such before I get into the game works great… they’re like laser pointers. But, once in game, they “aim” relative to the emulated flat ring of the Vive wand… which feels horrible. You’re pointing the wand nearly vertically to shoot horizontally. It makes the game nearly unplayable.

If I were able to adjust that angle (making the aim line of the controller point down a bit), then I could aim.

Yes, it would also be possible for the game developer to allow this (and probably a better result), but I’m just looking for any solution I can get 😉

I’d love to be able to play shooters like Compound with my DK2/PSMove/Driver4VR setup!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

have you tried openvr-inputemulator? it does exactly the job. some people complain it does not work with d4 but it does for me. let me know.

Jim RooneyJim Rooney
    Participant

Yup. That did the trick 🙂

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.