Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting 360 Hip and Feet Move 3ft Infront of Me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gpupassthroughgpupassthrough
    Participant

Whenever I calibrate and go into a game my hip and leg trackers go infront of me when I look in the steam white room and in the menu.

Participant

My Headset is Mixed Reality but no matter what I do I always find my trackers way too infront even after so many recals.

Participant

Its only after I move in VR Chat and no matter what I get my legs stuck like in the picture. It keeps giving me the orange despite having done calibration multiple times and being 7ft away from the camera.

Participant

Picture didn’t attach

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Im not sure what I am doing wrong when it comes to my setup and troubleshooting is proving rather difficult.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

did we spoke on facebook ? the problem was you did not have headset on head when doing calibration?

also can you tell which kinect do you have ? 360 or one ?

Participant

No I am a different guy. I figured out most of my issues however I have found a major bug with the Windows Headsets when you enable rotation through the defaultvrsettings file on the Windows Mixed Reality Steam Software it moves all the trackers and causes you to have to re calibrate again. It will do this over and over again.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

understand. can you give me a link to what you refer to ?
    also I am interested what issues you had and resolved. perhaps i can do something they won’t happen again.
    thanks.

Participant

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-windows-mixed-reality-joysticks-any-steamvr-game

This explains how the rotation is done and where its located for Windows Mixed Reality. I do smooth turning on mine so that might be the issue or the entire thing I haven’t fully tested it.

I have Kinect v1.

When it came to my issues I didn’t understand the quirks of the software but thanks to a friend I was able to fix the issue with hip tracking in VRChat along with getting the proper height/distance for my kinect. If I had any advice it would be to give people a height/distance their kinect should be at. I looked around but I couldn’t find any solid information about it. After that it was just knowing that you had to go into a T-Pose with 0 Hip then once you are moving around you change that to 14cm and it just works. Unrelated but having a way to do edit my hip/legs ingame would be way easier.

Participant

For some better detail on the bug if you were to go into the steam overlay menu and look at the trackers then just move left and right with your right stick you would notice the trackers going forward away from you until the Program doesn’t know what to do and gives you major HMD errors.

Participant

Wont let me edit my post, did some more testing and every type of rotation using the right joystick through the WindowSteamVR software.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.