Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting 2 gear vr controllers w10

Tagged: 

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Larry Patricklongplaypg
    Participant

I have 2 gear vr controllers and an external BT adapter.

I can pair 1 gear vr at a time. Once the BT connection is made i cannot get the 2nd controller to connect up.

I can remove the current BT device and then get the other controller connected.

Sadly i can get only 1 connected at a time. Any ideas?

David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

I’ve got the same issue. Tried messing with the registry by copying what was being hadded then trying to add those registry lines when the other controller was added but it just didn’t work 🙁

Not sure if there is a work around.

I tried BlueSoleil driver, but each time I try to run the Low Power bluetooth mode, it just close, so I can’t add anything to see if the BlueSoleil drivers would work better.

Stefan TST
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have a solution here, but this demands patience.

The problem is from Microsoft and basically from the BLE patch they introduced by fixing the CVE-2019-2102 vulnerability in 1903. The same vulnerability used to impact PSMoveService as well, but reportedly was patched by the developer somehow. Against all odds, I did not manage to also pair 2 PS3 Move controllers to a 2004 Windows 10 (although reportedly fixed).

Coming back to the GearVR controllers, the message you will get in the System Event log would be: “The device (device MAC) is trying to distribute an Identity Resolving Key that is already used by a paired device. The pairing was rejected, if the intent was to pair with this device, you may need to first delete the existing pairing information.” Perhaps Greg cannot solve it unless writing a BLE stack patch or to deactivate .

Basically, what I have done to have 2 Gear VR controllers in Win10 2004 is install 1809, pair all devices, then upgrade to 2004. I know, it sucks, but it works. Of course, when accidentally one of them is unpaired, I will have to reinstall everything. Once again, this happens only during pairing. It was a dick move by MS, but it is as it is.

Same applies to almost any BLE device pair like cheap VRBoxes. What I will be experimenting these days is for example GearVR + Daydream controller. But I think safest is to just go to PS Move controllers, if they are the same price.

IMHO the 6DOF hand tracking of GearVR + Kinect360 is horrible, especially when you have games where wrist moves are important (swords or boxing like Creed). I think PS Move controllers are better.

Stefan TST
    Participant

BTW, and also important for your money: everyone here is blaming the CSR8510 5 EUR BLE dongle from eBay and recommending the 15 EUR Asus BT-400. They are no different in this case, and I had absolutely no problem with the CSR even from 3 meters away. BTW I discovered this issue above while installing the CSR Harmony stack that recognizes and pairs both GearVR controllers with no issue, but Driver4VR cannot interact with that stack, just with Windows Bluetooth stack. Maybe Greg can help us save money by also integrating with it, and then you don’t need to start from 1809 up.

Rucio DonkeyRucio
    Participant

I was able to pair two GearVR controllers using Windows 10 build 2004 and got them working perfectly in Driver4VR without having to reinstall windows or somehow downgrade to 1809 (is that even possible?).

I too was frustrated that I could not use a second GearVR controller due to them both using the same Identity Resolving Key (thanks Samsung), but also knew that if you had previously paired them prior to updating to Windows 10 1903 that you were able to continue using them so there must be a way to get the latest build of Windows 10 to allow both to be paired.

The solution is to temporarily change the IKN for one controller so that Windows 10 fails to see the conflict and allow the second controller to be paired, you can then change the first controller’s IKN back and still operate both controllers independently.

I am happy to provide a detailed set of instructions, but I would like to check with Greg first if posting instructions involving modifying the registry is permitted on the forum. If those instructions are not welcome, the above paragraph should give anyone with a reasonable knowledge of the registry enough information to figure it out for themselves.

See the attached screenshot showing the two controllers in Driver4VR.

Rucio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    matheussalibamatheussaliba
    Participant

Can you PM me or update us on the process of pairing both of them? I searched the web on how to do that and couldn’t find anything tangible.

Jak KAzkabanos
    Participant

I’m thinking to get gear vr controllers, so if you could also PM me how to do it, I would be very thankful.

Thomas HermannGamerCH
    Participant

Howdy,
    Can you Massage me the Instructions too please?

Thank you very much.

Devin NAlphachicken22
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m also attempting to do dual gear VR controllers on windows 10 and am running into all the problems mentioned above etc.
    I also would appreciate it if you could send those instructions on the IKN changing method. I got most the way there and found the devices but I don’t know specifically what ID to change.
    Earlier I somehow got the second controller paired via another method but it’s not functional. Basically it isn’t recognized as the same kind of device that the original gear VR controller is and it’s kind of stuck in limbo. I can’t even remove it from my bluetooth settings anymore, if I try it says “Removal Failed”. I may need to remove it to sync the second one properly though so if anyone has insights on that I would be thankful.
    Thanks in advance,

David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

Hi, please send me the detailed instruction too! Thank you!!

Devin NAlphachicken22
    Participant

Okay I figured out how I had both paired but 1 not working at a time. Basically I had multiple Bluetooth receivers and I tried switching to another one, then pairing to the controller. Unfortunately it cause Issues with it not actually being paired and making the device unremovable when using the wrong Bluetooth receiver. So this method is a no go.

I ended up buying an Asus bt-500 for the pairing process and it made it much easier compared to my Bluetooth 4.0 UGreen receiver. It was $20 at best buy so I would recommend if anyone is having difficulties with the PAIRING OF ONE CONTROLLER.

I’m still having trouble trying to pair 2 Gear VR controllers and currently don’t have any other good options. I’m mostly there to finding the IRK (Identity Resolving Key or is it the IKN?) in regedit, I just need to know where the key specifically is. I would really appreciate having the instructions on changing the IRK (Identity Resolving Key or is it IKN?) in windows registry if anyone knows it?

David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

I managed to do it and have two Gear VR in my bluetooth devices, but my detailed post on how to do it is waiting for moderation. Once Greg approves it, you will all be able to see the steps.

Participant

Just private message us brother, we can do it on our own.

David HarrisonDavidOBE
    Participant

I tried to find the pm button, but didnt find it, how can i pm?

Devin NAlphachicken22
    Participant

I don’t know about this forum but my discord contact username is alphachicken22#1515 .
    The profile pic is the one with a golden “A” symbol on a white background.

Joon KohJoonius
    Participant

I’d appreciate if you can send me instructions too, @davidobe

thanks in advance!

jacobbob13@aol.comjacobbob13@aol.com
    Participant

Hey I’m trying to do this as well but can’t find the lkn… Please help!! Would be most greatly appreciated.

Thomas HermannGamerCH
    Participant

If possibile you can sent it to me too.

Discord:
    MacGamerCH#1438

Thank you very much for your work.

Daniel Lopezdanlopez1222
    Participant

I was confused by Rucio’s reference to “IKN”, but here is how I got both controllers to work in 1909. I’m assuming he meant “IRK”. Heads up, this will mess with your computer’s registry and has the potential to break windows if done incorrectly. No one except yourself is responsible for anything that may go wrong.

* Connect one of the Gear VR controllers to Windows via the Bluetooth menu. Make a note of what the device name is, specifically the 4 letters and numbers inside the parenthesis. This should work without error.

* Regedit.exe as Administrator, navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys. On the left, there will be a subkey (folder) under “Keys”, the name of this folder will be specific to each computer. Expand that folder with the downwards arrow. Now you should see a folder with the last 4 characters in the name matching the 4 characters in the Bluetooth menu. Open this folder.

* There is a entry with the name “IRK”. Click that and you’ll see the the attached screen. Replace the 01 at the start of each line with 02.

* Close out of Regedit and restart your computer.

You should now be able to pair the second controller without issues. You don’t need to worry about changing that value back, but you may need to remove both devices and repeat this process if you ever need to repair the controller.
    See below for verification.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Daniel Lopezdanlopez1222.
    Attachments:
    Participant

Thank you!! It worked perfectly. The computer recognizes both controllers now. My only downfall now is Driver4vr only recognizes one controller even though they are both connected through the computers Bluetooth… Any suggestions??? Thank very much!

Daniel Lopezdanlopez1222
    Participant

Are you seeing the battery icon next to both controllers in the Bluetooth settings? When you open Driver4VR, and preview the device under tracker manager, they should go from “paired” to “connected”.

Participant

I see the battery next to both of them and they say paired. But one I go to preview under device settings only one pops up.

Joon KohJoonius
    Participant

Off

Participant

I figured it out, thank you guys for all the help!!! Now to configure the ps eye for head movement. Lol the fun never stops!

Participant

Try explaining how you figured it out, it might help someone stuck in the same position as you.

Participant

No problem, will be my pleasure. As danlopez1222 stated. “If you see battery percentage next to both controllers in Bluetooth settings, with it saying “paired” next to both devices” Your all set. Don’t connect the controllers though, keep them saying paired. Open Driver4vr and go to preview under device settings, both controllers will pop up. Start Driver4vr and you have full controll of both controllers.

I have some problem
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters\Keys

Attachments:
    itspop4ralitspop4ral
    Participant

im missing the subfolders under keys…

Attachments:
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.