Homepage Forums How-to and troubleshooting Leap Problems on 3.2.0.0 Reply To: Leap Problems on 3.2.0.0

JonnyJonny
Participant

To be a bit more specific:

After some testing, I believe the problem is that the controllers are switching. But not just left/right, the axes are sometimes switching too. That is why I am sometimes controlling both controllers. The left controller for example sometimes controls the X,Y,Z axes, as well as the right controller’s X, and so on.

I think the reason that they look really far outwards is that after switching they still have the offset enabled, so instead of being closer to the center, they move further away.

I have no idea what is causing it except I have noticed that SteamVR seems choppy, performance is bad. When I move the controls out of view and in again, there seems to be a long pause before they reappear (usually reversed with the axes messed up, and on the wrong hand).

Before the big SteamVR update, the left/right hands would sometimes be wrong, but they wouldn’t switch back when SteamVR is open. I would just have to restart SteamVR and raise the left hand first, and it would work. Now it is like SteamVR is trying to work out which hand is which in real time, and messing up.

Hope that helps.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by JonnyJonny.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by JonnyJonny.