Homepage Forums General Windows Mixed Reality + Driver4VR Reply To: Windows Mixed Reality + Driver4VR

HyacinHyacin
Participant

I just got my Kinect v2 … the trial of driver4vr didn’t even give me enough time to get things set up, so, that kinda sucked … I bought it though as it was looking promising at that point …

I had to seriously fight with my system to get WMR and the Kinect working at the same time … they are both major USB bandwidth hogs …

Despite having two distinct controllers on my motherboard, and separating them off to have a dedicated one for each, and getting everything else off those controllers – the Kinect was still VERY flaky, Windows Hello (the first thing I set up) would often report “Something went wrong, log in using PIN” …

I got them both steady and stable at one point and managed to do the calibration … “no head” “no hands” “yes body” … all looked well …

I fired up VAM, and while it was loading and I was on the SteamVR “Holodeck” I was able to see three extra Vive controllers! One on each of my feet, and one for my hips …

Sadly, VAM does not support the Vive trackers yet :'(

But, while in there and doing a “hard reset” to bring me back to the Holodeck environment, I was clearly being fully tracked … two feet, one hips, two hands, and there was no mirror, but I’m sure my head.

So this IS working with a WMR (Dell Visor) setup for me! Just the one title I bought all this for doesn’t support it yet, lol …

I’ll try to find some other things that do support the trackers this weekend and play around and probably report back.

OH, and even with having them stable for long enough to confirm things were working – the Kinect still eventually flaked out, so I figured it was still a bandwidth thing and went out and got a USB 3.1 PCI-E 4x controller to dedicate to it. So far that has done nothing but cause other system issues (my onboard Intel NIC stopped working so I had to switch over to the Realtek) – so I’m not 100% sure if the issues are resolved … but I wanted to report in quick to say that I do have a Kinect v2 + driver4vr + WMR setup working perfectly.