Homepage Forums Body tracking will there be a patch that we can have 2 kinects

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    skysky
    Participant

that would definitely afford better tracking

TriplekillerTriplekiller
    Participant

that woulb be awesome for roomscale vr!

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

will be working on it after a while.

Corbin HolmesCorbin Holmes
    Participant

I was going to make a topic about this but you beat me to the punch. lol I just thought about it, having 2 full body tracking camera’s that works with an Oculus Rift setup or a Windows mixed reality setup in an ∠XYZ fashion. That might all in all be a helluva lot cheaper than doing it with Vive.

Artem SuleymanovArtem Suleymanov
    Participant

It will be just great. Sound like stable full body traking in any angle in big room scale…

Logan AndrewsLogan Andrews
    Participant

I would think the kinects would have to be unable to see eachothers ir grid/points to avoid the sensors getting confused.

TooandrewTooandrew
    Participant

i think a solution could be using a v1 and a v2 because they have different ir grids. you for tracking the colored balls it wouldnt matter with the ir grids

Nicholas JohnsonNicholas Johnson
    Participant

The idea of two or more kinects is something I thought of as well right after starting using Driver4VR. Would be amazing, and youtube shows some people have done similar things so it is certainly possible! Can’t wait!

Greg, you said you would be working on it “After while”, is there any hard date we can look forward too? 🙂

Aaron ChenAaron Chen
    Participant

That will be great! Since I upgraded to Kinect 2.0 and I still have my Kinect 360 around.

Lassi JokelaDunt
    Participant

Just got around to installing Driver4VR, and googling didnt bring up any guides to do this, but a thread from the december of 2017 (https://www.driver4vr.com/forums/topic/multiple-kinects-possible/). Is this still not a thing? Has the idea been abandoned?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

not abandoned need now make tutorials about head tracking using different methods and then will be lookin on that.

Carl VancilCarl Vancil
    Participant

Cool.

I’m really interested in this too, and have been planning to stop in for the last couple of days to see if it was supported before going to hunt down a 2nd Kinect 360 cam, but I’m totally down with doing that if support *is in fact* planned.

I’ve gotta say, I’m a fan of what you’ve done with Driver4VR and have been talking it up to my friends at work that have VR rigs as well, so hopefully they’ll buy licenses at some point themselves. I’ve been having a blast experimenting with what all I can do with this and what all I can make it work with. 🙂

Keep up the great work! 🙂

Carl VancilCarl Vancil
    Participant

By the way – the new Azure Kinect is designed specifically for being used in groups of sensors:

All you need to know on Azure Kinect

The link I’ve posted here is to an article by another researcher (that uses Kinect cams for scientific purposes) where he details the upcoming Azure Kinect, Microsoft’s next product in the Kinect line.

An array of these might actually exceed the Vive tracker’s capabilities.

VICTOR PERALEZvipast
    Participant

Anymore updates on this? I have 4 kinect ones and 2 kinect 360s… I need a reason to hook them up.. lol , the driver works fairly well even in small spaces. If I could get a full 360 body tracking that would be awesome. I’m using the Rift S so no light boxes.. I like to take my setup mobile so the kinects are great for this.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

actually some progress has been made. stay tuned 😉

Skylar Kelleyjampakdd
    Participant

I’d be super excited to use this feature to make my games! More movement vectors = more affordances! The Azure Kinect looks awesome but it’s also $400 I already have a bunch of kinects lying around from friends. I wonder if there is a way to hack them into a daisy chain like the Azure Kinect DK! :O

Skylar Kelleyjampakdd
    Participant

Hey, @Greg Driver any news on the subject?

Flubbah6969Flubbah6969
    Participant

Yeah I am interested in this topic as well. I would definitely upgrade if I could use both my Kinect 360 and Kinect for xbox one together.

mark changmark32chang32
    Participant

I too am excited to use multiple Kinect! Any updates, sneak peeks or betas?

felipepassionfelipepassion
    Participant

Awesome!!!!!
    Can’t wait!

Sam AllenSaladSolpit
    Participant

Same thing here boys! I have a Kinect 360 and a Kinect Xbox one. If I could use both for full range 360 field of view tracking, that would be awesome to the 9th degree!

Jeremiah MontgomeryFlaviusFire
    Participant

Yeah, I have one Kinect 360, but it would be awesome if I could use two for better tracking. Would that be too much on the CPU, do you think, or would it work if it was coded?

Samuel GalbraithAzorexs
    Participant

Greg? Is it going good?

Lukas Skrabulisnocturrr
    Participant

Any update for the release date please?

DrDubyaDrDubya
    Participant

Any news on this one? most interesting

S CScvWebFire
    Participant

Only thing holding me back in buying a second kinect is if you need 2 identical or 2 diffrent versions of kinect.

Hope for some news soon.

Carl VancilCarl Vancil
    Participant

…any progress to report?
    It’s been 17 month since I last posted here, and I keep receiving emails showing that interest hasn’t died down. So, what’s the deal?

I’ve held a license for Driver4VR for nearly 2 years now –one that has gone unused because a single Kinect just doesn’t supply enough data to be useful to me. I was fine with waiting for progress when it was said that multi-kinect usage was in the works, but with no progress reports in so long, followed by 1 posting in January that really didn’t tell us anything other than ‘more soon’, I’m beginning to lose confidence with this whole project. As paying customers, I believe we deserve more than simply ‘more coming soon’, followed by nearly 6 months of nothing at all.

Good luck, but I’m out of patience here, so I’m out.

ear0waxear0wax
    Participant

Hey greg just want to put it out there I would pay an additional for a separate dual Kinect license, you have to fund development somehow. It’s great that your giving walkinVR away for free now! Looking forward to dual kinects.

DrDubyaDrDubya
    Participant

Yeah I am waiting for the dual kinect feature before I buy

Andrew SaittaAndrew Saitta
    Participant

anxiously waiting on update… XD Thank you for all your hard work.

James Wikethetwistedblue
    Participant

Likewise. One of the big motivators for me buying membership was that Greg was working on dual kinect functionality..

grant olsentamed.phoenix
    Participant

Hey I just purchased this software, really hoping it will support dual Kinect soon!!

DrDubyaDrDubya
    Participant

Starting to get the feeling this gets looked at once a year

Participant

still here everyday just pressing f5…

AlopexAlopex
    Participant

Duel Kinect support would be the bees knees. 🙂 Here’s hoping!

Participant

Still pressing f5 every day….

J_redJ_red
    Participant

I don’t think I can wait to much longer for this, when is it coming out? It’s been 2 years

James Wikethetwistedblue
    Participant

Pretty much the busiest thread in the forum too! Disappointing not to see a reply

Participant

up!

DrDubyaDrDubya
    Participant

Just a little bump for the new design site

Guilherme OliveiraFrost7210
    Participant

Does anyone have any news about the 2 kinect possible patch? I’m starting to lose hope on this project. Kinect2VR currently supports 360 body rotation with kinect, without glitching the game. @Greg I would happily try to raise some funds for you, if you make a commitment to update Kinect implementation.

Devin NAlphachicken22
    Participant

I too would love to see this as a feature. I personally have 2 kinect 360s and am feeling pretty limited with the angles of just 1. I can’t even use a kinect one since my system doesn’t have any USB 3.0 and the pcie expansion is blocked by my graphics card. I’ve actually tried plugging both in at the same time driver4vr totally freezes up until I force close or unplug one of the kinects.

If there are atleast any updates you could give, that would be wonderful to know how far this is along its way.

Marvin AchillesFennek_Kaipii
    Participant

Whoever still has hope in further development. I lost it. 2020-11-18 was last general post, 2 kinect stuff was “confirmed” to be worked on 2 years ago
    and we are still stuck on EoL products, cause more up to date hardware is mostly not planned to be supported.
    Without considering support for stuff like Intel RealSense or similar, this is pretty much a dead end.
    It is still great work done in the past and all, but if you expect to get more out of it than it is now, I wouldn´t back this tbh.

hewan hewanhewan
    Participant

thanks,

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

sorry, i need get psvr trackinig first.

peter smithpetersmith98
    Participant

thanks you so much!

DrDubyaDrDubya
    Participant

So you’re washing your hands of the most popular product you have and leaving payed customers out in the cold. Nice work. Tease an update to get more sales; then radio silence for 2 years. Great way to install confidence and trust in your customer base. “I’m doing something else now” thanks for all the fish. I bought a second kinect in anticipation and have sat on it for nearly 2 years. what a waste. With that kind of attitude I will wish you luck cos you’re gonna need all you can get the way you do yourself no favours and burn bridges.

I’m gonna try and find another route; and let me tell you I won’t hesitate to stand on your head on the way up.

Anyone interested can find me on reddit Dr-Dubya lets see if we can do better

waw

Algirdas KazlauskasFanTaz1986
    Participant

Greg can you confirm psvr is last detour you will do and then focus on kinects ?
    i agree psvr is full system, and it super good for some specific cases , but in current times used quest 1 cost less and do more then psvr
    but FBT is super important now , and dual kinect is cheapest and most realistic way to have it for multiple peoples who have quest 2
    quest sold over 3 mils, and have over 10 mils in summer, and you are only real option user like this have , but front tracing do not work well on quest, device who is all about moving a lot.
    Like it or not you need to hurry up, VR gowning incredible fast now, so much more peoples try to cash in on it, if someone make cheap and stable dual kinect tracing app, person like this will make millions not a thousand like a year ago and i think you will like to have money for your vr side project

Robert Byrnesuniqueone
    Participant

Guys, settle down 🙂

I know we would all like this, but stop and think for a moment about the complexity of using 2 connect devices. How would you even know which one is accurate at any given time? The skeleton fed to the software by the device only supports facing, and when it doesn’t know, it pretty much makes it up.

Sit back, breath, and realise that doing this may not be even possible, and if it is possible, it won’t be easy. I think some people are misreading what greg said earlier in experiments. Promising probably simply means he can make 2 connects work with 2 different feeds, but combining them in a meaninful way, and without needing a supercomputer to temporally process previous sheleton positions to guess the current bones from previous movements using AI, well that may be another thing totally.

From a coding point of view, I can completely understand why he would choose to do PSVR first. It’s useless to me, but I can completely understand.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.