Homepage Forums Announcements Release 4.0 – colour tracking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi all.
    Version 4.0 is finally out!

1. Colour calibration that you can use for body tracking to have much more flexible then classic skeleton tracking. It will also work like from 1 meter with Kinect 360 compared to about 2 meters for full skeleton tracking.

2. Instructions how to calibrate with existing setup like Oculus, Vive or WMR in same video.

3. Colour tracking can be also used for hand and head tracking.

4. To enhance tracking for body and hand tracking you can use devices like PS Move, Daydream and Joycon.

In case of questions or comments let me know 🙂
    Greg

Zihao MiaoZihao
    Participant

Hey Greg, I am a bit confused. Is the tracking method used in the second video for ps move Bluetooth or colour? I have a lighthouse and vive, and I wanna try kinect + ps move for hand controllers. I am not sure how to set them up with colour tracking.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

this is basically tutorial how to set ps move with kinect and potentially any headset I think including vive. but then you give up HMD vive tracking on behalf of kinect tracking.

in theory it could be calibrated but this is no obvious how to do it so let me know if you need it.
    if you have vive then why using kinect for hand tracking?

Zihao MiaoZihao
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Greg! The reason is mainly that I only have a headset and a base station. I wanted to wait for the Knuckles to come out so I dont want to get the vive controllers. I tried the joycons but the Bluetooth seems to have high latency and ps move uses bluetooth as well. So I wanted to use the color tracking for smooth experience. Trying to max performance for what I have. Does this video use the two led color balls at all?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

you can use two for controller tracking and skeleton tracking for head.

greytoshiakigreytoshiaki
    Participant

For color tracking with kinect 360, does it need to be ball shape like pingpong?
    Can I use just an led? It is smaller and take less space. Also brighter.

candace plummerhihihi3336
    Participant

Im having a problem with the colour tracking. i got the feet tracked but the virtual hip is not moving with my actual hip. When I go on VR. I sit down and i move my legs up and i go flying so idk what to do. Im using the Xbox 1 kinect and im using LED straps on my ankles. Rift S and 2 color and virtual hip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.