Homepage Forums Head (only head) tracking psvr hmd tracking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wael Foudawaelfouda
    Participant

Is it possible to track the psvr hmd using kinect without adding a pingpong ball to it while tracking the ps move controllers using kinect too?
    Will this mess with the rotation of the psvr hmd?

dlgonzodlgonzo
    Participant

I have used the Kinect and PSMoves with my PSVR using Driver4VR. I set the head to Kinect skeleton and the hand controllers to PSMove Service (I beleive you can also set the hand controllers to Kinect skeleton). I turned on the PSMoves on in the Driver4VR Device Manager (the interface will help you download PSMove service and pair your moves with your PC). I also assigned the PSMoves to the d4vr_left and d4vr_right virtual trackers. You do not need to track the PSmoves by the lighted ball. The kinect will track your hands for controller positional tracking and use the paired PSmoves to track controller orientation. Together they give you full 6DOF tracking of the controllers. The Kinect tracking your head gives you positional tracking for the PSVR and the PSVR itself provides the orientational/rotational tracking. Together they give you full 6 DOF of the PSVR HMD.

dlgonzodlgonzo
    Participant

Almost forgot you need to restart the psmove service after pairing your PSMoves as it may permanently change the controller numbers assigned to the controllers. Then you can assign the PSmoves to the virtual controller trackers. Also you need to face the PSVR towards the Kinect press the calibrate button next to the Head/ Kinect Skeleton setting. This will make sure your controllers will correctly be positioned in front of you once in the PSVR HMD.

I wanted to try this setup out as well, but mainly for sim racing, will I have any issues with using the kinect skeleton tracking for the head while seated and with a steering wheel in front of me? The wheel and pedals are mounted on a stand that isn’t that big but it will block some of my body.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i think you might have issues in this way. worth checking first.

Lukas Satincyberluke
    Participant

I can confirm issues for simracing with wheel. No skeleton, nor IR tracking works. It often jumps with the position. I tried different angles, put Kinect like 2 meters above me, everything. But I found it kinda works better if I put Kinect next to me.

@Greg
    Driver: Can we have checkbox to switch Z and X aces, so we can put Kinect to a side? That would help simracing and other seated stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.