Homepage Forums Bugs leap motion does not track correctly in steam vr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MacMac
    Participant

hi all
    1. Thank you Greg for your nice work!

i ve got the problem that leap motion tracking fuxx up in steamvr.
    its like i would cross my arms but in leap visuailzer it works perfectly. any ideas?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Would it be possible to send me side by side screen of visualizer and steamvr preview?

cqwercqwer
    Participant

i have the same problem, leap motion seems to change hands, the left hand is on the right side and the right hand on the left side, so a configured controller for the left hand is ingame on the right side, but has to be controlled with the left hand.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

I have a similar problem, the hands look fine in visualizer, but too close together in steamvr. So if I bring my hands together in real life, they switch places in vr.

I think we need to change the position along the x axis, maybe? Is there a line we can add to steamvrsettings to do this?

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

basically i did it for purpose. i also noticed that you used to this setup and forget it does not match with physical as you feel more immersed.
    if you have 1 to 1 mapping then you will not be able to aim when you see one hand through other. for example you will not be able to play Longbow game in The Lab cause for aiming one hand will cover other and it will not track.
    secondly you will not be able to pull longbow’s chord cause leap motion tracking will stop once hand is too close to chick where it would naturally be place.
    but i wanted to avoid too many settings.
    one more little secret is that I also virtually streach fov 😉

when I played this then after 30 seconds I feel immersed with how it works and i feel like it is natural. if you want i can make function to disable it all.

JonnyJonny
    Participant

Yes, an option to enable/disable would be great. Cheers!

elfenelfen
    Participant

this crossed hands should be disabled, i need real tracking in vr and i don’t play bow games

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by elfenelfen.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i added option is controller settings. you can change offset to 0.
    can u give it try? if ok i will release.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97CTM_n2lgMVUpvMlRIclBmYUU/view?usp=sharing

thanks.

elfenelfen
    Participant

it’s ok when my hands is straight, but if i move them back they go right in to my eyes in vr, like cross point moved to my head…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by elfenelfen.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

yes. this is another one… with normal controller you could do this but leap will not track your hand. so i also streached move to allow ‘virtually’ touch your headset even though your hands are far.
    this is again for longbow 🙂 do you want option to disable it as well ?

elfenelfen
    Participant

sure that would be great

elfenelfen
    Participant

also controller settings won’t load negative value, resetting it to zero

elfenelfen
    Participant

and controller offset not saving, would be better to make a button to switch bow or hands mode

JnaJna
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Somehow my hands are switched with LeapMotion / SteamVR (left hand is right controller and right hand is left controller) in normal (rest) position. Maybe a bad config in steamvr file?

Print bellow is in Arkham Knight.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JnaJna
    Participant

Hey Greg,

I fixed it! there was a problem somewhere in the ‘driver4vr’section of the steamvr.vrsettings file, I suspect it’s related with the button mapping, but after doing some cleaning the problem was fixed. Still I recommend implementing a reset button for the controller mapping. I’m uploading both the working and not working files if you want to take a look.

The only remaining problem it’s that I can’ get the trigger to work with the trigger button of my PS Navigation controller so I had to map it to the up direction of the controller (this behavior is the same for both the controllers).

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

hi.
    yes. i will do reset and look at settings more closely cause it might be stopper sometimes.

can u share settings somewhere on cloud and send me link? it seems uploading has problem with files. or change extension to .txt.

thanks

JnaJna
    Participant

Hey Greg,

Here’s the files in text format.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

thanks!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.