Homepage Forums General Free version time limited

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Guillermo Garza WallaceQuote04
    Participant

I’m going to be honest here, having the free version to be time limited per use is just an cheap and asshole move. It would be better if some things were just locked out. Not everyone is willing to pay for this and it should be open source so more people could help in the project.

Michael EmmerichMCPXXL
    Participant

my old CEO just says “Take it or leave it”

Aaron ChenAaron Chen
    Participant

It’s not even that expensive. You spent like $1500 on the whole working system and don’t want to pay $20 for this wonderful tracking system that will save you some bucks against HTC’s body tracker?

Aaron AChia-P
    Participant

What Chen said. Honestly, $20 to guarantee continued development is far from the worst thing.

Serhat GÖKSELSerhat GÖKSEL
    Participant

I cannot pay with Paypal. Please put alternative way to pay for gold.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

i already replied other thread. i am already testing this gateway. please let me know via contact form.

kevin tkevin t
    Participant

i hope im not to late to test out this limited time offer of free

Kenneth TuiskKenneth Tuisk
    Participant

I find that even 15 eur for full version is too much, I would actually pay for this if the price would be 5-10 eur.

Antoine LaroseAntoine Larose
    Participant

30 minutes of trial ? What’s a huge joke ! I didn’t have the time to install the whole VR system. Just stop fucking kidding me, I refuse to buy 20$ just for use joycons like controller.

Bla BlablaGreg Driver
    Keymaster

after reset you can try again.
    you can’t refuse cause no one is forcing you.

Daniel KDanielK312
    Participant

I agree

RY4NX15XRY4NX15X
    Participant

Shouldn’t be 10 mins, used to be 30 mins but you can’t even do anything in 10 minutes. You could play maybe 3-4 beat saber levels, but you could easily triple that back to what it was before, I get that you need to make money, honestly, I understand, but increase the time limit to like 20 mins or something because 10 minutes is ridiculous, I mean you could play a bone works level in 30 mins but with 10 mins, you can’t even get halfway

Aaron AChia-P
    Participant

Driver4VR is 20% off constantly, despite the CONSTANT progress being made on the software! Don’t drop the price Greg, these people are just being freeloaders and trying to apply pressure.

If you can afford a VR-ready computer, you can definitely afford $15-16. If you don’t want to pay for a full license, that’s really not his problem. Time-limited too inconvenient? Pay for it or uninstall.

You people are ridiculous, this is an honest business not a charity.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andrew Whaleyazw413
    Participant

I’d have no objections whatsoever to paying if it actually worked or we got support for problems. But since neither is the case then it would definitely be better being open source like all the components Greg has built it from:- https://github.com/gb2111

10 minute limit for the trail is a joke as I’ve spent 8 hours trying to get it to work ( paid for ) and still failed.

Aaron AChia-P
    Participant

I’ll be direct about this. You’re not buying $20 for customer service support, and he isn’t offering it. He’s not obligated to provide such support.

$20 gets you an already-compiled copy of Driver4VR. Open source components or not, you are paying for convenience of not being required to build it yourself. That $20 is paying for the time put into assembling the interface, creating and recording the official tutorials and all the energy put into them.

A one-time fee of $20 is hardly a deal-breaker for Virtual Reality technology. For example, VorpX is $40 and quality VR accessories are easily upwards of $100-$200. We’re talking about software programming for Virtual Reality technology– something that has remained slightly experimental even in the consumer market in 2020. Greg is ironing out the kinks and asking for a one-time fee as a business.

You as a consumer still have options. If you don’t want to pay, you are free to assemble a working copy for yourself with your own programming knowledge, have a crack at it. Until then, use the demo/trial version, enjoy the full version or stop using Driver4VR altogether.

Nothing obligates people to buy Driver4VR except their own peer pressure.

Andrew Whaleyazw413
    Participant

Gravity, I agree with some of your comments and I think the only way I’m going to get my joy-cons working is basically writing my own version of driver4vr.

On the question of support though, unfortunately under EU law he is obliged to offer a remedy (i.e. make it work) or refund if his tool doesn’t work which it doesn’t for me and clearly many others judging by the posts on here and discord.

JaydevJaydev
    Participant

try use cheat engine and enable speedhack and change to 0

amoramor
    Participant

doesn’t work

Maurice PiontekLDD
    Participant

I bought Driver4VR today and I am happy that I did I love supporting developers for the work they do and even though I don’t even have a PC with a GTX 970 or GTX 1060 and up
    I am right in between them both with a GTX 1050 and still have a Rift(gift from a friend) and also a Kinect that I bought for 40€ and so far the software has not failed me. Yeah the configuration was a tiny trouble due to my space problem but after finding the right angle it all worked fine thanks to the lower body tracking support.

NETITNETIT
    Participant

Yo guys. I reverse engineered and compiled this software already.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    vrgame3456vrgame3456
    Participant

Free version time limited

Polat2004Polat2004
    Participant

I’m using Joycons from my nintendo switch and 0.25 dollars headset with phone, so some people can’t pay 20 dollars, especially in Turkey.

Kevin StrootmanKevin
    Participant

right thanks

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.